Respected Contributor

Re: Deep Pore Cleansing? 2 bumps on cheeks that won't go away.

@SandGirl, it doesn't sound like milia as I don't think any liquid will come out if squeezed. 

Milia is like a teeny tiny cyst.  The longer it stays in the harder it gets and the harder it is to remove. 

I've had great luck with one of these two things:

Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

or

Tea Tree oil 

Tea Tree oil has even removed dark areas left from a blemish on my skin.  It doesn't take long either. 

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate i love tea tree oil and use it for everything

IT IS NOT MADE TO SWOLLOW BUT....I had a toothache waiting for a root canal, I put a qtip dipped in tea tree and put it around the gums, it numbed it, amazing, got me through the 5 hours I had to wait for my appt, I was in some crazy pain, LOVE Tea Tree!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it is sebaceous hyperplasia the Paula's Choice BHA 9% may help.  I have used this on my SH, and it does help some, but you have to apply it regularly and be very patient.  In my experience the SH never go away completely with a treatment product.  I continue to apply it daily to my SH, and while a few are flattened and diminished, they have not disappeared completely.  My derm says surgical removal is the only option, and that will leave tiny scars. I have decided to live with the SH instead of dealing with the scars from surgical removal.