Valued Contributor

Deciem. "The Ordinary" skin care line price change...

[ Edited ]

Is it my imagination or have they raised their prices, some to double, what they were going for just in the last couple of months? I bought 4 products before Christmas. It was in November I think. Have really liked this brand and the results. Now, I go back to replenish my items and their prices have increased! Don't get me wrong, it's still very affordable compared to what others are charging but this was a fast increase! I'm sure due to their freakishly fast popularity due to their affordability. Supply & demand I suppose. Hope they will be holding their prices where they are now for awhile or they too  will become unaffordable for some... any thoughts, ladies?? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Deciem. "The Ordinary" skin care line price change...

@cactusjack wrote:

Is it my imagination or have they raised their prices, some to double, what they were going for just in the last couple of months? I bought 4 products before Christmas. It was in November I think. Have really liked this brand and the results. Now, I go back to replenish my items and their prices have increased! Don't get me wrong, it's still very affordable compared to what others are charging but this was a fast increase! I'm sure due to their freakishly fast popularity due to their affordability. Supply & demand I suppose. Hope they will be holding their prices where they are now for awhile or they too  will become unaffordable for some... any thoughts, ladies?? 

@cactusjack    Honestly.......just a few minutes ago, I was thinking the exact same thing.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I just put in an order tonight. The only thing I've ordered from them before was the niacinamide and I think it's still the same price. I ordered it again along with the 2% retinoid serum and Buffet serum. I don't know if the price changed on these other products but it sure is inexpensive. 

Respected Contributor

This brand is on my list to try. I sure hope they don't drastically raise their prices. I am trying to hold off because I have so many products right now.  I just checked the c suspension and it seems to be the same price, I think anyway.   Even if they raised them a bit, still cheap.

Respected Contributor

I could be wrong, but I have ordered from them several times, and I think the prices are the same. I stalk the page...lol...reading about the products, planning what I'm going to try next, and so forth. What did happen was that for a period of time around October, there was free shipping even if you just ordered one product. Now, you have to order $25 worth of products to get free shipping.

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I could be wrong, but I have ordered from them several times, and I think the prices are the same. I stalk the page...lol...reading about the products, planning what I'm going to try next, and so forth. What did happen was that for a period of time around October, there was free shipping even if you just ordered one product. Now, you have to order $25 worth of products to get free shipping.

Now that you mentioned it you are correct. It used to be free shipping. Maybe now it will ship faster. I'm still pleased about their prices.

Super Contributor

I placed an order last night (really want to try the new Marula) and could always use a backup of Niacinamide. From what I saw, the prices looked the same to me... Re: shipping speed - they used to ship US orders from Hoboken, NJ I believe and the facility may have closed as my recent order came from Toronto. Speaking of, I visited one of their stores and it was gorgeous. I am a huge NIOD fan, too so it was great playing with all the stuff under one roof.