Super Contributor

Re: Dear Chaz, Please Address This Hair Loss Issue!

On 6/13/2014 wingnut09 said:

A few months ago I had a terrible reaction to a SKINN product requiring medical attention, medication and several follow up visits with a dermatologist. Dimitri and ShopQ were notified but Dimitri James never mentioned it on air, not even briefly.

Why would he? When I bought my Clarisonic it came with a PTR cleanser, which actually burned my face. I washed it off immediately and it was red for a week. Do I blame him? Of course not - obviously I am sensitive to an ingredient in that product and I will not use it anymore.

I certainly don't expect him to address it on-air, the vast majority of people who use the product do fine with it. It's MY problem.

Honored Contributor

Personally (I am not a WEN user) I think if WEN is causing some hair loss; the percentage of people is so low that there is no reason for Chaz to address. These stories are all anecdotal, there's no proof that WEN dose such a thing. I think if Chaz started hearing from physicians that WEN was causing hair loss, he would do some research and address the issue. People lose hair for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with hair products. Hyperthyroidism for one. Medications, stress. It's pretty much a no brainer that if someone suspects a product is making their hair fall out, that person would just stop using the product. If the problem persisted, that person should see a doctor.

Contributor

I'm sure most of it is allergies. Lots of people have gluten allergies which is why Chaz says POM is GL, as are the kids and BGT which are rice based. For me personally I have very, very thick long curly hair. My hair use to shed everywhere. When I started using Wen 4 years ago it stopped because my hair is healthy now and not breaking.

What baffles me is these people claiming hair loss and yet they continue to use the product?! Stop immediately if you have itching, a reaction, hair loss, whatever. I can't see why Chaz or any other company would address issues like this. It's common sense.

Respected Contributor

On 6/13/2014 WenGirl84 said:

I can address this issue first hand. I have been using Wen for 7 years. I have experienced some large amounts of hair loss, yes. I tried different things to find the cause (because I do love this product, what it does for my hair, and the fact that it's natural) and for me, the hair loss was allergies. Tea Tree, believe it or not, gave me the MOST hair loss. The oils as well as the cleanser. I switched to seasonals, and BGT and the problem lessened. Now HERE IS THE BIG answer: I recently changed my diet for health reasons to a wheat free diet, and .....zero hair loss. I mean zero. I even started using Tea Tree again, and zero hair loss. I think it has to do with allergies. Perhaps try the Pomegranite and see how your hair reacts, or better yet, maybe the kids formulas. My guess is that it is all allergy related.

LOL what the...
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/13/2014 WenGirl42 said:
LOL what the...

Yeah....

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 jaxs mom said:

So does Philosophy need to address all the people reacting to Purity?

This is how I feel about it.

I've had allergic or sensitivity reactions to all sorts of things: toothpastes, beauty products, soaps, some bandage adhesives, laundry detergent, fabric softener, some foods and some beverages. If I have a reaction, I discontinue use and move on to the next thing. I do not expect a brand to explain to me that some things will cause a reaction in a small number of users because I'm an adult who understands that those things happen.

Super Contributor

I can't use a few products because I have a reaction to them, either sneezing, , burning, itching, redness or whatever, I wouldn't expect the company's to say they could cause those issues with some people.if they cause those problems, I just don't use them at all.
Regular Contributor

Then you must also think that every company needs to address the issues that some people experience from using their products! LOLOL {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Many beauty products cause acne and milia on me; so, I stop using them. I certainly don't expect all these companies to address this problem that not only me but many people experience.

Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 6/13/2014 jaxs mom said:

So does Philosophy need to address all the people reacting to Purity?

This is how I feel about it.

I've had allergic or sensitivity reactions to all sorts of things: toothpastes, beauty products, soaps, some bandage adhesives, laundry detergent, fabric softener, some foods and some beverages. If I have a reaction, I discontinue use and move on to the next thing. I do not expect a brand to explain to me that some things will cause a reaction in a small number of users because I'm an adult who understands that those things happen.

Oh my gosh yes on the bandage adhesives, I've actually had to rotate where I put the bandage due to reaction but I still needed the area covered up. And laundry detergent, I only use free and clear now and no fabric softeners.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

I talked to Chaz's customer service at the salon about this before I started Wen. The girl told me that although we see post after, post they have only had 2 people contact them about this. Only one of those 2 had been to a Dr who said it was Wens fault, they asked for her to send them all the info that the Dr had and that person never sent anything, even after many requests for it. One thing that women don't understand is that there are many ways that can cause women to have thinning or loose their hair, see the recent article is Vogue on this subject, also there was an article in Elle earlier this year too. As my Derm(she specializes in hair loss) told me after I was having issue with my hair coming back after cancer treatments, that many women loose hair and it is very rare that it is caused by a certain product. It is typical for hair to start thinning as our hormone production goes down also stress, nutrition and genetics have a huge impact on hair growth.