Trusted Contributor

Re: Dear Chaz, Please Address This Hair Loss Issue!

It is difficult to address something that you have never personally witness. The QVC hosts and models, who use Wen, haven't suffered hair loss. His salon clients (everyday people,and famous celebrities) are not losing clumps of hair while he or ,one of his team, is working on their hair; and Chaz, after 21years of using Wen, exclusively, still has a full head of hair. How is possible to grow hair, when all the pores on your scalp have been clogged for years?
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Lilredrubi said: I talked to Chaz's customer service at the salon about this before I started Wen. The girl told me that although we see post after, post they have only had 2 people contact them about this. Only one of those 2 had been to a Dr who said it was Wens fault, they asked for her to send them all the info that the Dr had and that person never sent anything, even after many requests for it. One thing that women don't understand is that there are many ways that can cause women to have thinning or loose their hair, see the recent article is Vogue on this subject, also there was an article in Elle earlier this year too. As my Derm(she specializes in hair loss) told me after I was having issue with my hair coming back after cancer treatments, that many women loose hair and it is very rare that it is caused by a certain product. It is typical for hair to start thinning as our hormone production goes down also stress, nutrition and genetics have a huge impact on hair growth.

I lose more hair in the shower when I'm under a lot of stress. Once I realize it's happening, I do a mental adjustment and it goes back to normal. It used to be scary until I recognized the pattern and learned how to address it.

Super Contributor

I had an allergic reaction to one of the Matrix lines and lost some hair and I'm sure others did too. It happens with a lot of products, not just Wen. Not to mention, there are many, many reasons why you could lose hair--stress, menopause, birth control, medications, etc. I could go on and on.

Honored Contributor

Really, you should have seen the hair around my desk and my usual spot on the couch before I started using Wen. I had a lot of breakage and shedding. I'd just run my fingers through my hair and have to shake my hand to get the strands off. My husband commented about a year ago that he never sees my hair on the floor anymore. I've gained a lot of the thickness that I'd lost over the years. My hair has never been thin, except when I had chemo years ago. But 2 years using Wen and I'm close to the thickness I had in my teens and I'm going to be 50. My hair is also longer than it's been since my teens due to no more split ends that drive me to cut it.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Lilredrubi said: I talked to Chaz's customer service at the salon about this before I started Wen. The girl told me that although we see post after, post they have only had 2 people contact them about this. Only one of those 2 had been to a Dr who said it was Wens fault, they asked for her to send them all the info that the Dr had and that person never sent anything, even after many requests for it. One thing that women don't understand is that there are many ways that can cause women to have thinning or loose their hair, see the recent article is Vogue on this subject, also there was an article in Elle earlier this year too. As my Derm(she specializes in hair loss) told me after I was having issue with my hair coming back after cancer treatments, that many women loose hair and it is very rare that it is caused by a certain product. It is typical for hair to start thinning as our hormone production goes down also stress, nutrition and genetics have a huge impact on hair growth.
If this were on Facebook I would "like" it.
Frequent Contributor

On 6/13/2014 WenGirl42 said:
If this were on Facebook I would "like" it.

So would I. Thanks for posting this!

...also known as Serena1130
Contributor

On 6/13/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I lose more hair in the shower when I'm under a lot of stress. Once I realize it's happening, I do a mental adjustment and it goes back to normal. It used to be scary until I recognized the pattern and learned how to address it.

This is one thing my Derm pointed out to me, she said if you are stressed your body produces stress hormones that tell your body to stop making hair, fingernails because those body functions are not needed during stressful times, so the body shuts the production down causing the follicles to release hair and shut off production. She said you can even cause this in the shower if you are stressed and thinking a product is causing hair loss.
Super Contributor

I don't think it's the product making hair fall out, I think it's the method of combing through wet hair. I don't use Wen but if I did I wouldn't comb it through.

I squeeze my hair in a towel and let it air dry if I have the time to wait. When I blow dry I use a diffusser and very little touching until it's dry.

Since I've stopped combing my hair while wet or combing in conditioner, I've notice a huge positive difference.

Super Contributor

.....yaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnn......gottalife???????

Contributor

On 6/13/2014 sailor moon said: It is difficult to address something that you have never personally witness. The QVC hosts and models, who use Wen, haven't suffered hair loss. His salon clients (everyday people,and famous celebrities) are not losing clumps of hair while he or ,one of his team, is working on their hair; and Chaz, after 21years of using Wen, exclusively, still has a full head of hair. How is possible to grow hair, when all the pores on your scalp have been clogged for years?
This is why the girls at Chaz's salon were like "what hair loss?" They have thousands of clients in their salon.