Highlighted
Super Contributor

Dear Chaz, Please Address This Hair Loss Issue!

There seems to be a new post started weekly about how WEN has caused significant hair loss. While I am not a WEN user, it seems to me that Chaz needs to openly and clearly address this claim on air. There may be a logical reason for initial hair loss when you begin using this system, who knows? But doesn't it seem logical for him to openly address this with his QVC audience, or at least do a video about it and put it online?

Respected Contributor

Re: Dear Chaz, Please Address This Hair Loss Issue!

It doesn't seem logical to me, as regardless of what he says, people will believe what they want to believe. People have allergic reactions to products all the time. My skin goes totally bonkers with Olay products, but I don't see Olay making statements about their products may cause severe adverse skin reactions.

Valued Contributor

Assuming there is any link at all (which is not proven), it seems like it would be an allergy issue - which Chaz has addressed by providing multiple types of formulas including a few with most of the known allergens removed like the Kids formulas.

Super Contributor

Chaz acts like shampoo is SO SO TERRIBLY HORRIBLE. I know he is trying to convert people to his idea of not using soap to wash, but, shampoo is NOT HORRIBLE. Many many people use shampoo everyday and they have beautiful healthy hair and scalp. For a few, shampoo may not work well for them, for a few, WEN may not work for them. But, to say on every show he does that shampoo is the cause for bad hair is just a lie. It is a sales tactic. Nothing more.

Respected Contributor

I believe he touched on this several months ago. He briefly said on-air that some people make experience hair loss and acknowledged that it might not work for everyone. I didn't see the presentation so I don't know exactly how it was stated, but was told about it, and it was confirmed here.

Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I believe he touched on this several months ago. He briefly said on-air that some people make experience hair loss and acknowledged that it might not work for everyone. I didn't see the presentation so I don't know exactly how it was stated, but was told about it, and it was confirmed here.

To treat such a serious issue "briefly" is bad business.... losing hair is VERY SERIOUS. I sure would not want to be the person who is the one that had to find out that they were the one that experiences hair loss using his product... maybe Chaz needs to take this more seriously and find out just who might not be the best candidate for using WEN. He needs to do research on this. To Poo Poo this issue BRIEFLY on air... is not being a good and honest owner of a company dealing with people's hair and promising all the things he does with using WEN. Losing your hair or having a reaction is VERY SERIOUS to most women I know.

Super Contributor

I mean, really, what would you like him to say? He's selling his product, it doesn't work for everyone and if it doesn't work for you, return it.

If people started posting that they were growing horns out of their heads due to WEN, would you expect him to "address" that too? He has a limited amount of time to say what he has to say--why would he waste it talking about negatives?

If anyone here feels they've been so "damaged" by the product - please go out and get an attorney. I doubt you'll be able to find anyone willing to take the case.

Respected Contributor

On 6/13/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 6/13/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

To treat such a serious issue "briefly" is bad business.... losing hair is VERY SERIOUS. I sure would not want to be the person who is the one that had to find out that they were the one that experiences hair loss using his product... maybe Chaz needs to take this more seriously and find out just who might not be the best candidate for using WEN. He needs to do research on this. To Poo Poo this issue BRIEFLY on air... is not being a good and honest owner of a company dealing with people's hair and promising all the things he does with using WEN. Losing your hair or having a reaction is VERY SERIOUS to most women I know.

If someone has a known allergy to anything, they should be checking the ingredients to ensure they can use a product. If someone isn't aware of an allergy there is nothing anyone can say that will have any impact to be honest. If someone uses a product and has an adverse reaction to it, the first step is to stop using the product. If they start noticing reactions to multiple products, it's time to go for allergy testing!

Again, for whatever reason, people are demanding something from Chaz Dean and WEN that they have never demanded from any other vendor. I can't help but wonder why.

Super Contributor

OMG it's just like with any product if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you! There are plenty of other products on the market

Super Contributor

The bottom line is, for those who think their hair loss is caused by WEN, you have the burden of proving that - so go out and pay for the studies that prove it and present them. Sitting here on a message board wringing your hands over it does nothing to help.