Trusted Contributor

Daytime Moisturizer and eye cream recs

I have finally used up my stash of various daytime moisturizers and eye creams and am ready for something new. 

I already use Josie's eye devotion and face milk but it doesn't seem to be enough so I layer something else under them. I am not sure I will continue with these once they are gone. I had them on auto delivery so I have several to use up. 

I have used the Neutrogena, Oil of Olay, Skinn and Facetheory in the past and would like to try something new. 

I am looking for anti-aging and combo skin. Drugstore is fine.

TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Daytime Moisturizer and eye cream recs

I have been using CeraVe Am (has sunscreen) and PM for about a year now and I've been happy/pleased.  Prior to CeraVe I was using Philosophy Hope in A  Jar, which I did like, but didn't like the price tag and wanted to try something new and with sunscreen.  As far as eye's go, it has eluded me.  Right now I'm using up Roc Retinol eye cream.  Before that it CeraVe eye cream and many, many others.  At night when I use the CeraVe PM, I have used that on my eyes as well and I think it was better than when I was using the CeraVe eye cream.  I also bough The Oridinary Caffeine for Eyes and I only use it once in the while in the morning, not a drastic difference, but helps in the morning.

Trusted Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

I have finally used up my stash of various daytime moisturizers and eye creams and am ready for something new. 

I already use Josie's eye devotion and face milk but it doesn't seem to be enough so I layer something else under them. I am not sure I will continue with these once they are gone. I had them on auto delivery so I have several to use up. 

I have used the Neutrogena, Oil of Olay, Skinn and Facetheory in the past and would like to try something new. 

I am looking for anti-aging and combo skin. Drugstore is fine.

TIA

@MG Chris   I don't get caught up in big name brands...but I do like Clinique Moisture Surge.  It is a gel that blends into the skin nicely.  I'm currently using up Dr. Denese day cream.  It was a promotion about a year ago.  The price was good at the time.  It is very nice, but I think drug store brands are just as good. 

Respected Contributor

I love the Dr. Denese serum but I am also fine with the drugstore brands.  I also like the cera v brand.

Respected Contributor

@Mombo1 My skin is dry and extremely sensitive. Clinique's Moisture Surge is fantastic. It really works to hydrate my skin, and I do not have a reaction. 

Trusted Contributor

I like and use Nassif MD Day Cream from HSN.  It has blurring properties.  I use the argon milk first, then this.  Since I started using the Nassif MD, I haven't been wearing as much make up.  

Respected Contributor

I use Shiseido creams, I prefer the Benefiance line.  But they're all very good. There's also one with spf 23.  Very moisturizing, and plumps any lines.  Macys sometimes has nice sales, or sets...check around. The Benefiance eye cream is the best I've used!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm a big fan of the M Asam line on HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

Neutrogena is an excellent price point for a day time moisturizer.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@MG Chris 

Drugstore is fine.

If you're open to higher end, I enjoy and feel like I'm getting results with Tatcha Water Cream and Ole Henricksen Banana Bright+ Vitamin C Eye Crème.  This Tatcha product is $70 on Sephora.  I just repurchased a jar on eBay for $48.  Highly rated seller with lots of sales.  

OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright+ Vitamin C Eye Crème 0.5 oz / 15 mL Clean at Sephora

If you're dry/dehydrated, essences are a good thing to add to your morning routine.  And I will never be without Glow Recipe's PHA/BHA toner (fat water).  And combined with one of the two essences I use (Kiehls), these have made my neck and chest nearly as soft as a baby's bum.  The results aren't the same as with a hand/body lotion  This is skincare and a totally different feeling.  I can't describe it but glad I discovered it

Glow Recipe - Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL Clean plus planet positive

Kiehl's Since 1851 - Milk-Peel Gentle Exfoliating Toner 6.8 oz/ 200 mL Clean at Sephora