Honored Contributor

Has anyone ever used Davine's Hair Products? I am really tempted to order, starting with the smaller sizes just to try..Most of their products have really good reviews.........Anyone? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, About a year ago, I began going to a salon that used Davines.  They used Davines color and hair products and they also sold them.

I hung in with that salon for about a year and finally just switched because the color did not last in my hair at all.  I would love the color when I left the salon but within a week, any lowlights that were in my hair were right back to blonde.  

Although I had been using a good shampoo and conditioner (Calista), I decided to give the Davines shampoo and conditioner a try.  I never checked the prices so imagine my surprise when I found out the shampoo and conditioner were close to $80.00.  These aren't large sizes either.  Both are a little over 8oz.  The conditioner comes in a square container you have to dig into to get product out.

My stylist recommended the volumizing for me but all of the products are  safe for color treated hair.  I cannot say they've done anything great for my hair and they certainly didn't save my color anymore which is why I quit going.  I am not a high dollar hair product purchaser because I've never noticed a difference between using salon products and drugstore.  Had I paid any attention, I never would have spent that kind of money on a shampoo/conditioner.  

I would definitely never go back to a salon that uses Davines coloring because for me, it doesn't work. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva . Good to know......That is why I like getting opinions before shelling out the bucks for products.........Thanks for your reply.

Super Contributor

Lipstickdiva, I have been having the same experience with their hair color, just mentioned it in a post a day or two ago. I’ve been considering switching salons as well. I like my stylist but all they use at that salon are Davines products, also I find them all highly scented, shampoo, hairspray etc which I really dislike.

Respected Contributor

Re: Davines Products!

[ Edited ]

My salon carries Davines and I love most of their products. Their Love Shampoo and Conditioner are great for smoothing wavy, curly or coarse hair. Their masks are awesome. Not a fan of their smoothing serum which I forget the name of it. These products do last a long time. Oh I love their hairsprays also. Gives nice hold but not sticky or tacky. My salon does not use their color products so I can't comment on that.

Honored Contributor

I SO wanted these products to work because everyone appeared to love them. Reviews are always great, they smell good, etc.

DRIED out my hair horribly. Color would lighten/go brassy. I could never ever get my hair to look good no matter what I used or much of the product I used. I spent hundreds trying to get the right combo because, again, everyone raves about this line.

My hair HATES it.