Respected Contributor

Re: Davines Hair Care Products

@HappyDaze wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, @I like celery! I like that bag! Did you get anything?

@HappyDaze  I'm still thinking about it -- I've spent too much money lately, so I'm really trying to think long and hard on ordering anything else!  The Davines site usually charges a lot for shipping (they don't offer flat rate), so when they have a free shipping promo it's great.  i no longer go to a Davines salon, so when I need products I try to wait for free shipping!

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

My salon started carrying this line several months ago and love everything so far. Their clarifying shampoo I use once a week and is very gentle. The Love Shampoo and Conditioner works nicely on my thick, coarse hair. They have an Oil Non Oil that is to be used when hair is wet and has a thermal protection in it. Their hairspray has a beautiful scent and does not dry out my hair. Also like the Melu line of shampoo, conditoner, and deep conditioner. Definitely give this line a big thumbs up!

Esteemed Contributor

@I like celery...I just logged on and saw your notification!...I'm headed over to their website now and will be back as soon as I place my order!...Thanks so much...very thoughtful of you! Woman Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@DowntonAbbey, I also started using R&CO.   My hairstylists sells it.  I'm just using the cleansing conditioner now.  What other products have you tried?

I used to use one particular Davines product years ago that I loved.  Then that stylist, who owned the shop, just really...well, I don't know what happened but she disappeared.  

Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@I like celery...I just logged on and saw your notification!...I'm headed over to their website now and will be back as soon as I place my order!...Thanks so much...very thoughtful of you! Woman Happy

@MyShadowLove  I'm happy to pass on the info.  Smiley Happy   Let us know what products you decided to order.  Hope you like them (I think you will !). 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

@I like celery...Okay, I'm all set...I ordered the Oi Holiday Gift Pochette that you posted since there is a lot of positive feedback on this particular line and, while I was at it, I also ordered the Alchemic Conditioner, as it looked like the jar that the stylist showed me in the salon up in Maine.

It was indicated that I should be receiving them by the middle of the week...I will post back once I have used the Oi line and let you know how my hair turned out.

Thanks so much again for the heads up!...I am also all set with them to receive emails on any special deals, etc.

Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove  I look forward to hearing your thoughts, after you've received (and tried) your new products !  Smiley Happy

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

I've used Davies and loved it. You can get better prices on Amazon or try doing an online search.
Esteemed Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
I've used Davies and loved it. You can get better prices on Amazon or try doing an online search.

@Dazlin...I remember hearing quite a while ago that we shouldn't really trust the validity of professional hair care products from anywhere except their own personal websites or salons where they are carried...Here's why...from "Consumer Affairs"...

"Consumers who buy professional hair care products at major retailers -- or at grocery and drug stores -- are not getting the bargains they may think.

They're also fueling a grey-market industry that deals in counterfeit, stolen, or outdated merchandise.

That's the warning issued by hair care giants like Paul Mitchell, Redken, and Matrix, who are trying to crack down on this industry-wide problem known as diversion."

You will also see a statement on most professional hair care products advising consumers of this as the products could be tampered with.

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:

@Dazlin...I remember hearing quite a while ago that we shouldn't really trust the validity of professional hair care products from anywhere except their own personal websites or salons where they are carried...Here's why...from "Consumer Affairs"...

"Consumers who buy professional hair care products at major retailers -- or at grocery and drug stores -- are not getting the bargains they may think.

They're also fueling a grey-market industry that deals in counterfeit, stolen, or outdated merchandise.

That's the warning issued by hair care giants like Paul Mitchell, Redken, and Matrix, who are trying to crack down on this industry-wide problem known as diversion."

You will also see a statement on most professional hair care products advising consumers of this as the products could be tampered with.

I am all for consumer protection, and I think that you could possibly go wrong buying such products from unauthorized retailers.

But we can't discount the bias of the companies, who all want to be able to sell their products at the price that they dictate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland