Esteemed Contributor

Re: Davines Hair Care Products

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:
I've used Davies and loved it. You can get better prices on Amazon or try doing an online search.

@Dazlin...I remember hearing quite a while ago that we shouldn't really trust the validity of professional hair care products from anywhere except their own personal websites or salons where they are carried...Here's why...from "Consumer Affairs"...

"Consumers who buy professional hair care products at major retailers -- or at grocery and drug stores -- are not getting the bargains they may think.

They're also fueling a grey-market industry that deals in counterfeit, stolen, or outdated merchandise.

That's the warning issued by hair care giants like Paul Mitchell, Redken, and Matrix, who are trying to crack down on this industry-wide problem known as diversion."

You will also see a statement on most professional hair care products advising consumers of this as the products could be tampered with.

I am all for consumer protection, and I think that you could possibly go wrong buying such products from unauthorized retailers.

But we can't discount the bias of the companies, who all want to be able to sell their products at the price that they dictate.

@suzyQ3...Yes, I agree, so we all just do what is most comfortable for us...We can always compare the product that we get from the salons/websites to that from other retailers and see if we notice a difference.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

Hello, I am sorry I am just answering his question but I have NO Notifications on my page so I did not see your answer until I just selected notifications...........I have in R&CO used Blonde shampoo.............Dallas Thick Hair conditioner and Dallas Shampoo..........I have tried Gems in a sample and I like it ok...........Davines I like Volu and I still use R&CO Dallas thick conditioner and I use their leave in spray and hair thickening........I also have used NoNu or NuNu Davines conditioner but lately I guess  I am happiest with R&CO Dallas Thick Conditioner.  Best to you in 2017.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I like celery@DowntonAbbey@Dazlin@suzyQ3@Wsmom@SahmIam...

@sandraskates@Tricolor@HappyDaze...

Hi Everyone!

I'm back to give you all my reviews on my Davines products...I received them on the 23rd and wanted to use them for a couple of weeks before posting anything, as I believe in giving products some time before really knowing for sure if they will work for me.

Well, ladies, I absolutely love the Oi Shampoo and I am totally blown away by the Oi All In One Milk...The Milk is the product that I feel makes all the difference in the world, as I find it to be a great finishing product, not only leaving my hair silky and shiny, but also with lots of volume....I also love the scent which I find to be very subtle, yet just enough to add a lovely and heavenly aroma to the hair...My hair responds great to these products and I am in love!

I also ordered the Alchemic Conditioner and used just a couple of times, as I am very careful with conditioners, due to the fact that I have normal-to-oily skin, so conditioners can end up being a little too heavy on  my hair...I also feel that the Oi Shampoo is nurturing and hydrating enough to use alone, along with the Oi All In One Milk.

I just can't rave enough about these products and will now be checking into a light texturing product from their line for the finishing touch.

Your replies and suggestions were so very helpful to me and I enjoyed sharing with all of you!

Hope that you had a great Holiday Season and Wishing you all a Blessed, "Beauty-ful" New Year! Heart

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you're enjoying your products.  The scent of the Oi Milk and Oi Oil are too strong for me, but I think they are great products!  Oi shampoo and Oi conditioner are my faves.  I've been using Davines for around 12 years, and hope to never be without ! 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the great update @MyShadowLove.

@I like celery- Which Davines products do you use?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think the OI conditioner is just amazing!  I was using the Instyler to curl my hair and I guess I was using it on to high a setting and the ends of my hair were looking fried.  I got a sample of this conditioner in a Birchbox and it was just amazing.  My hair looks so smooth when I use this.  I did buy from Birchbox the shampoo and the conditioner but I get great results just from using the conditioner.  It is pricey but I think it is worth it.  The only downside is I am really not crazy about the smell but it is tolerable.  I have a sample of the All-in-one milk but the smell on that is much stronger to me so I haven't used it much. 

Esteemed Contributor

@I like celery@sandraskates@Roni18.....When it comes to scents, we all are definitely very unique in how they react to our "senses"...I find the scent in the Oi products to be quite soft and a lovely aromatherapy treatment experience while using them...I don't like shampooing my hair every day and these products don't weigh it down at all like some others either...rather very light on my hair...so another great benefit.

I'm somewhat surprised that more salons don't carry this line, as the first time I was introduced to them was my experience up in Maine that I shared with all of you in my original post.

Wishing You A Wonderful Weekend!

Respected Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Thanks for the great update @MyShadowLove.

@I like celery- Which Davines products do you use?

@sandraskates  I mainly use products from the Oi line, but I also use the Love shampoo and conditioner from the Essential Haircare line. I do use some other Davines styling products from time-to-time, too, but I mainly use the Oi shampoo and Oi conditioner, as well as the This is an Invisible Serum styling product.  (I posted pics of my favorite Davines products in post #12 of this thread, if you want to take a look).  Some of the other Davines styling products I like are: This is a Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid and This is an Oil Non Oil.  I really like their styling products because they never feel too heavy or make you feel you have a lot of product in your hair.  HTH 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥