Respected Contributor

Dark shade of lipstick to match rose blush

I am looking for a  long lasting dark shade of lipstick that will match my rose blush.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dark shade of lipstick to match rose blush

You should be able to pair just about any shade lipstick with a rose blush, but since you asked, I like Urban Decay's Ravenswood Cream lipstick. The shade is described on QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife  Check out Laura Mercier because they are discontinuing certain lipsticks and are on sale for $15.  Also, check out Nordstrom's Beauty sale.  Mac and Clinique lipsticks are now $16 -- pretty shades.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

What kind of lipstick do you prefer?  I find the creams and glosses wear off (on me) super fast and I like dark shades that last for a while.

I am willing to spend more to get a higher quality healthy lipstick that does not dry out my lips and lasts for a good while.

Chanel Rouge Allure has some great colors but not cheap ($38.00). Right now I am wearing the color Pirate for evenings.

Respected Contributor

I guess I'd prefer to wear a matte lipstick but one that did not make my lips look dry.

Respected Contributor

Why not look for a darker shde of Rose lipstick? I love shades of Rose blush and lipstick.

Respected Contributor

I recommend Revlon's Superlustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet. It is very pretty on the lips and it is super affordable.

605090ea9bf558b616a93b7c80abc003.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007, Thank you for shade chart.  Do you find this brand has good lasting power?  Like some of us, I can’t wear nude colored lipstick very well.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT   I find Revlon Cream lipsticks to have good lasting power. If you really want something to last all day, you will have to try liquid lipstick. (Maybelline's liquid lipsticks are good).  But personally, I don't like how liquid lipsticks feel on my lip.  So, I don't mind reapplying my lipsticks during the day.  

I also recommend Bite Beauty Lipsticks. They also feel really good on the lips. Their lipsticks are on sale now at Sephora for $13 each.  You might find a shade that works for you.  (I think you might like the shade Sake).

Bite Beauty Meringue Fig Sake Pepper Sugarcane Lipstick Swatches.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Check either Bobbi Brown or Doll10 lipsticks. If you just want one product I would purchase Bobbi Brown. Doll10 always has a nice color range.Both work for me and last.