Esteemed Contributor

any tried and true creams...not concealer....to reduce darkness and puffiness....have never used anything...i'm 68...always depended on my glasses to hide behind...but even that's not working anymore!  thank you....

Honored Contributor

Re: Dark Under Eye Circles

[ Edited ]

I am close to your age and also have this problem. I think as we age our skin thins...so the darkness is just showing what is underneath....bags are just skin that has lost its elasticity....according to my doctor. I am using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind cream..it’s in a stick and you just wipe it on with the foam-topped applicator. It does cover the dark areas and brightens your face...I use it in the inner and outer corners of my eyes...when I forget to use it DH says I look tired and didn’t get enough sleep...lol....so I know it helps!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A retinol eye cream might help with dark circles. Retinol, with repeated use, will thicken the skin and make darkness less visible. There are many retinol eye creams on the market and I don't have any recs. Maybe someone here will chime in with their suggestions. For myself, I use Retin-A.

eta - I second that Maybelline Age Rewind. It is actually a treatment concealer with Haloxyl (darkness reducer) and goji berry (vitamin C).

Honored Contributor

For dark circles use creams with Haloxyl and Vitamin K. 

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecessHusbands can be soooooo "helpful" at times, eh?  LOL  I'm in the same boat and I'll be looking for recommendations, too.  I never knew what women were talking about when they mentioned dark circles.  Now I know FULL WELL what it means!  Smiley Sad

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a product by Fresh (cruelty free) == Lotus Eye Gel which takes care of puffiness and dark circles.  $48 @ Nordstrom.  Remember, if it does not work out for you, it can be returned.  Free shpg. and free returns.  If you need to thicken skin under eyes use Vaseline at bedtime.  I did this for years.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I am your age as well and I also use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind and it works great for me.  Best dark circle eraser I have used. Good luck in finding the right product for you

Honored Contributor

Here is one of the reviews from Fresh Lotus Eye gel.

Abosrbs Quickly and Does its Job!

I had terrible dark circles and puffiness underneath my eyes. This hydrates the under eye area and absorbs quickly! I use it morning and night and I have seen a dramatic change in less than 4 weeks. When I look at past pictures, my puffiness is significantly better and I do not need to use as much concealer.
Reb4747
kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

i don't have puffiness but have had dark circles (allergies).  i don't think any eye cream has helped.  (concealer does.)  most of the time I apply around the eyes the same I am applying to the rest of my face which is an exfoliant type (glycolic acid solution or retinol) and either Perricone Neuropeptide Facial Conformer or one of the SriVectin creams.  I use moisturizer on top.  I have found my dark circles have lightened with this regimen, after I gave up on finding a specialized solution.  Instead of puffines, the area under my eyes is slightly hollow. Using hyaluronic acid serum under the eyes.

Honored Contributor

Moisturize and then use a light layer of concealer. That's about it. No product can change the fact that the skin is thinner now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland