Trusted Contributor

I'm looking for a good dark circle concealer.. I've always had very dark circles n bags under my eyes everyday i get alot of people saying to me how tired i look, even when i do get plenty of sleep. I wanted to try I.t cosmetics but i heard from people its real thick and they didnt like it.... whats your opinion on how to cover it up... buying from here or even in the stores i;ll try anything    thank you!

Honored Contributor

@bonnie f

Rather than trying to cover them up, check out a highly rated product called 'Baebody Eye Gel'.

The reviews are great, with a lot of before/after photos from reviewers.

You'll have to Google it, since a link would be deleted, but look at the big 'A' site.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

I'm looking for a good dark circle concealer.. I've always had very dark circles n bags under my eyes everyday i get alot of people saying to me how tired i look, even when i do get plenty of sleep. I wanted to try I.t cosmetics but i heard from people its real thick and they didnt like it.... whats your opinion on how to cover it up... buying from here or even in the stores i;ll try anything    thank you!

@bonnie f  Many times, dark circles under eyes are hereditary and have nothing to do with the amount of sleep. Instead of piling on heavy concealer, try a corrector (usually in a peach shade) to cover the darkness. Then a little concealer on top to blend in with your foundation shade. I use Bobbi Brown’s corrector.

Respected Contributor

Did you ever try a corrector under your concealer? I like Armani master corrector in #2. It erases dark circles no matter what concealer I use. I like the Amani because it is so thin when applied. Other companies do make a corrector for less.

Honored Contributor

I recently started to use IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Concealing Cream.  This stuff is awesome for me.  I have terrible hereditary dark circles.  I have tried what seems like every cream, lotion and gel and nothing diminishes them.  I have to rely on a concealer. 

The IT product is a neutralizer and concealer.  It comes with a double ended brush because you supposedly can use the product as a foundation too, which I can't imagine. But for my circles, this has been fantastic.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dark Circles

[ Edited ]

@bonnie f  I also have - or had - very dark cicles. I also have tried tons of products. Years ago I found Hydroleyes (you'll find spelled with a 'z' too). Never have I ever stuck with a product as I have with this one. This one is the only product that works for me.

There may be some who may laugh at this but I do swear by it. Stopped for a brief time but I'm back on it, will not be without it.

@KingstonsMom During my off time w/above mentioned I have tried this product. I also returned this product as it didn't help me.

Respected Contributor

I learned recently at my dermatologist's office that a very effective treatment is filler for dark circles and eye bags. It creates a barrier so it doesn't show through.

For the bags, they strategically place filler so they aren't as noticeable. Wayne Goss on Youtube had this done and he has videos where you can see how unnoticeable his bags are after treatment. My mom had hers removed but filler is a viable and less invasive option that offers immediate improvement.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

I've had dark circles all of my life and tried so many products. I finally found Bobbi Brown correct & conceal duo for that area. It works!!!!  I also have struggled with puffiness under the eyes due to allergies and found First Aid Beauty Eye Therapy works to reduce that problem. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dark Circles

[ Edited ]

I use this highly-rated concealer by Maybelline. It has the consistency of a liquid foundation, goes on easily, does not settle and does not leave a tacky feel. I don't even put a setting powder on this one. It works perfectly without one. That sponge-tip applicator can be pulled right off...I find it's too big and not sanitary. So I just pulled it off and use my own small brush to apply it. I use the 'Neutralizer' shade...takes care of any darkness and brightens my inner corners like a charm.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Treatment Concealer - around $8

untitled_1__1394410757.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, I have used that product as well and it's a good one.  It's probably my favorite drugstore.  The IT works better for me though but if I couldn't get IT anymore, I'd go back to the Maybelline.