Trusted Contributor

Re: Dana Bledsoe..health update?

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

She has stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. 

I'm so sorry to learn this.  My sister's ovarian cancer is now metastatic.  She thought she was in remission--2 years, and it's back.  It's so sad.  My sister just had her spleen removed, some lymph nodes removed and some spots on her rectum.  I am praying for her and I hope others will too.

I'm praying for Dana!

I'm sending good thoughts for Dana and for your sister. 

Respected Contributor

How did they discover powder caused ovarian canser?. And how could it make it's way up there ?

Valued Contributor

Prayers for Dana your sister and, well, all those afflicted by this terrible diease.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

How did they discover powder caused ovarian canser?. And how could it make it's way up there ?

google it

She used baby powder for many years and used it around her private parts. It's been all over the news for years and more recently as of last week. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm so sorry to learn this.  My sister's ovarian cancer is now metastatic.  She thought she was in remission--2 years, and it's back.  It's so sad.  My sister just had her spleen removed, some lymph nodes removed and some spots on her rectum.  I am praying for her and I hope others will too.

I'm praying for Dana!

I'm sending good thoughts for Dana and for your sister. 

@ElvisShops Thank you so much!  All of the prayers are much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

15ecbcce9a1db4245435b1779aa45513.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm praying for Dana!

I am SO sorry about your sister! Years ago I worked at a Medical Center and I was an advocate for patients...I was caring for a young woman with ovarian cancer..spent the entire day with her..she knew she was dying and she was trying to cheer me up. She made an impact on me I will never forget..I saw other's during that time..they were all terminally ill..and I wanted to help them..! I took care of a 17 year old girl who was pregnant and chose to keep her baby..at the risk of dying herself. Her baby was born ok..but she died. Her mother lost her daughter but she had a beautiful grandaughter..! 

I worked for an oncologist several years after that..and we lost most of the patients..they were all doing chemo. What I have taken from all of this.. doing research and learning about ALL the ways to avoid it and keeping our body in an alkaline state. Cancer is fed by sugar and acidic foods. It can't grow in an alkaline enviornment! Maybe, thats why I went on this journey..to educate others in the hopes all of us can avoid this terrible disease!!!

My sister is so healthy.  She's never had much alcohol ( maybe 4 glasses of wine in a 5 year period of time), she is an avid yogi, she eats so healthy, etc.  She used Johnsons Baby Power all over body for 22 years.  She attributes her ovarian cancer to that.  There were 6 girls in our family.  She's the only one who used baby powder and used it in her private parts.  

My heart is breaking for her.  She just had surgery a week or so ago.    She's had so many surgeries early on and thought she was in the clear.  Ovarian cancer is one of the worst for recurrence as you know.  

I pray for everyone with this horrible disease of cancer!

Bless her heart!!!!!!...ovarian cancer is a silent disease...many don't have symptoms until its too late..I knew about baby powder...years ago...I hate to think of her going through this. I lost my cousin to lung cancer. She smoked all her life..she had just recently quit...but it was too late. She was only 61! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm praying for Dana!

I am SO sorry about your sister! Years ago I worked at a Medical Center and I was an advocate for patients...I was caring for a young woman with ovarian cancer..spent the entire day with her..she knew she was dying and she was trying to cheer me up. She made an impact on me I will never forget..I saw other's during that time..they were all terminally ill..and I wanted to help them..! I took care of a 17 year old girl who was pregnant and chose to keep her baby..at the risk of dying herself. Her baby was born ok..but she died. Her mother lost her daughter but she had a beautiful grandaughter..! 

I worked for an oncologist several years after that..and we lost most of the patients..they were all doing chemo. What I have taken from all of this.. doing research and learning about ALL the ways to avoid it and keeping our body in an alkaline state. Cancer is fed by sugar and acidic foods. It can't grow in an alkaline enviornment! Maybe, thats why I went on this journey..to educate others in the hopes all of us can avoid this terrible disease!!!

My sister is so healthy.  She's never had much alcohol ( maybe 4 glasses of wine in a 5 year period of time), she is an avid yogi, she eats so healthy, etc.  She used Johnsons Baby Power all over body for 22 years.  She attributes her ovarian cancer to that.  There were 6 girls in our family.  She's the only one who used baby powder and used it in her private parts.  

My heart is breaking for her.  She just had surgery a week or so ago.    She's had so many surgeries early on and thought she was in the clear.  Ovarian cancer is one of the worst for recurrence as you know.  

Bless her heart!!!!!!...ovarian cancer is a silent disease...many don't have symptoms until its too late..I knew about baby powder...years ago...I hate to think of her going through this. I lost my cousin to lung cancer. She smoked all her life..she had just recently quit...but it was too late. She was only 61! 

I found out late last night that my sister used baby powder not for 23 years, but for over 30 years!  There has been a link.  She's only 50.  She doesn't eat sugar and doesn't drink.  She's never smoked and she's an exerciser and lives a clean lifestyle.  I appreciate the prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

I'm praying for Dana!

I found out late last night that my sister used baby powder not for 23 years, but for over 30 years!  There has been a link.  She's only 50.  She doesn't eat sugar and doesn't drink.  She's never smoked and she's an exerciser and lives a clean lifestyle.  I appreciate the prayers. 

Look what I found in my local newspaper! https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article214857390.html

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

My mom had lung cancer, & she never smoked. Dana is a beautiful brave person.I pray for her & all those who are suffering from that horrible disease!!

I truly believe that if cancer wasn’t such a profitable disease there would have been a cure by now.JMHO