Respected Contributor

Re: Dana Bledsoe..health update?

[ Edited ]

Nine years ago I had stage 4 metastatic ovarian cancer.  I had 8 chemo treatments and have never looked back.  Northwestern University Hospital thought I would have a quick reoccurence.  It never happened.  I am the picture of health.  No one knows more that I do that I am in the very lucky gal club.  So I hope Dana Bledsoe is receiving fine medical care to assist her in this journey.  I personally am sending her postive thoughts, my good wishes and prayers.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I do not believe in a greedy conspiracy to hide cures from the public  Frankly, it defies logic on every level.

I don't believe it either, @suzyQ3.

Cancer is only just beginning to be better understood. The improvements in diagnosis and treatment are miraculous compared to 20 years ago. Some cancers are cured. Some are managed for years and years. 

I have stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. I'm nearly 3 years post diagnosis and doing very well with mini al side effects. As the cancer cells mutate and become resistant to a drug, another drug is used. My doctor told me there are dozens of options to use when a drug stops working. More are discovered every year.

Will it get me eventually? Yes, it will, but so could a lot of other things. In the meantime, I'll enjoy life every single day.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I do not believe in a greedy conspiracy to hide cures from the public  Frankly, it defies logic on every level.

I don't believe it either, @suzyQ3.

Cancer is only just beginning to be better understood. The improvements in diagnosis and treatment are miraculous compared to 20 years ago. Some cancers are cured. Some are managed for years and years. 

I have stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. I'm nearly 3 years post diagnosis and doing very well with mini al side effects. As the cancer cells mutate and become resistant to a drug, another drug is used. My doctor told me there are dozens of options to use when a drug stops working. More are discovered every year.

Will it get me eventually? Yes, it will, but so could a lot of other things. In the meantime, I'll enjoy life every single day.

@Ms tyrion2, I'll be cheering you on.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

If DB didn't want the public to know she's battling breast cancer she would not be posting on Facebook, Instagram, etc. I don't think she minds if people on this forum ask about and discuss her struggle. I have found women who have breast cancer are not secretive about the disease and want to talk about it, it must be therapeutic. Breast cancer seems to touch every family or at least a friend. My aunt is a breast cancer survivor.

@blackhole99

Exactly.  I'm sure Dana appreciates and wants the prayers.  Many with cancer are very public as they want the prayers.

Win, Do you remember Bernie Siegel??...he used to have support meetings w/people dealing with cancer...and patients got well!..check this out..http://berniesiegelmd.com/products-page/meditations-affirmations/ I think this would be great for all of us..staying well and using positive affirmations daily! xxx

@emmysmom

Thanks!!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gabriela wrote:

She has stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. 

I'm so sorry to learn this.  My sister's ovarian cancer is now metastatic.  She thought she was in remission--2 years, and it's back.  It's so sad.  My sister just had her spleen removed, some lymph nodes removed and some spots on her rectum.  I am praying for her and I hope others will too.

I'm praying for Dana!

@winamac1

Win, it breaks my heart to hear this. I have thought of your sister often, wanted to ask about her, but didn't know if I should ask such a personal question on such a public forum. Instead, I kept her in my thoughts and prayers with positive energy for a complete healing.

You must be feeling devastated. I will continue to hold her, you and your entire family in my prayers. I am confident you know how important it is to take good care of yourself during this stressful and emotional time. Try to focus on the positive. Miracles do happen! 

Hugs to you, dear friend.❤❤❤

@magicmoodz

Hi Magic.  It is such a public forum; however, no one here knows my sister.  She is a beautiful and classy woman and far too young--51.   She was diagnosed 3 years ago after a hysterectomy.  She's never been the same since-double chemo, -multiple surgeries, bowel obstructions, fibromyalgia, pain, ER visits, despair, etc.  She went into remission a little over a year being diagnosed (and after chemo, etc.) and now she has it back.  It is devastating.    She is due to start chemo in a month after she heals from the surgery she had a few weeks ago.

I appreciate your kind words, and your prayers.  We all hope she makes it through this.  Smiley Happy

I'm sure many seeing this are praying for her.  This is the reason I'm discussing this on this forum.   Prayers do work.  I fully believe that. 

Thanks!

@

@winamac1

It sounds as if your sister is a fighter. That is so important in overcoming this cruel disease. She is very lucky to have a loving and supportive (and big) family to lean on when she feels overwhelmed.

I will continue to pray positive thoughts for a complete healing for your sister and for calmness and strength for you as you walk along side of her on this journey.💕💕💕

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz

Thank you magic.  You are very kind and very thoughtful.  Yes, my sister IS a fighter.  She will beat this again and for good!  Thanks for the prayers!

And, have a great weekend! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I saw her a couple of nights ago presenting a green supplement..she looked beautiful and had a very bubbly attitude,  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden,

I don't understand.  Why would a medication not be patentable?  Seems like all new ones have patents.  I believe generics can be produced after the patent is 10 years old.  I may be Pollyanna-ish, but drug companies are comprised of people, many with families.  I also believe these people have dealt with cancer themselves or with a family member.  Surely, if a cure were found they would make it available.  

Contributor

Oh, so sorry to read this. I did not know she was sick. My thoughts and prayers for her and her family.

Honored Contributor

I believe in the goodness of humanity enough to think that a cure for cancer (actually many cures) will be found and not held back because of mere money.