Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I know it's extra steps, but just takes a few minutes. Moisturizers and sunscreen are two separate steps in my skincare. I don't expect my moisturizer to be enough sunscreen or my sunscreen to provide enough moisture to my skin. 

Although my tinted moisturizer has spf 15, that's nowhere enough to be effective and they may as well leave the spf out since it IS misleading. I use a spf 40 for when I'm just around the house..sun damage can occur just reading near a window. If I'm going to be out, spf at least 50 is necessary. If in the sun walking the dog, watching the GDs at a swim meet, etc., I have hats that also offer extra sun protection in their fabric made by North Face.

***As far I'm concerned, there's no point in using skincare to brighten skin, eliminate spots and hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and creping and then not protect your skin from the sun which will negate everything you've done. Some products like Retin A, retinols and Vit.C will make skin more sensitive to the sun. 

@Shanus After reading all the posts on this forum, I've realized that I don't wear enough sunscreen.  Need to add it to my routine as I was just depending on my moisturizer - don't tsk tsk me.  LOL  When I look at the ingredients of most sunscreens, the chemicals are not what I want to put on my face yet a mineral sunscreen doesn't go high enough.  What spf 50 sunscreens do you suggest?

@JudyL   I need a physical sunscreen. I use ELTA MD UV RESTORE SPF 40 or Skinceuticals UV Defense Sheer Physical Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

After looking at lots of options, I have picked out a couple sunscreens to try.  I'm very picky and want mineral sunscreen that is also reef friendly and doesn't cost too much.  

Honored Contributor

@lovesfootball 

DERMA E Advanced Peptide & Collagen Moisturizer

I use pre-sunscreen.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Daily moisturizer

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus 

After looking at lots of options, I have picked out a couple sunscreens to try.  I'm very picky and want mineral sunscreen that is also reef friendly and doesn't cost too much.  

@JudyL   You may want to add the new sun care products from Mad Hippie to your list. They have a serum, a facial cream, body cream, and spray that mineral and they are an environmentally conscious company.  They products are listed as reef safe. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@Shanus 

@JudyL   You may want to add the new sun care products from Mad Hippie to your list. They have a serum, a facial cream, body cream, and spray that mineral and they are an environmentally conscious company.  They products are listed as reef safe. 

@JeanLouiseFinch - thank you!  I will add them to the list.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesfootball wrote:

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced daily moisturizer? I've used Skinn 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream for years, but can't seem to find it other than Amazon for $62. I don't think it's been discontinued. Thanks in advance.

If it's for your face you should try CerVae line of products that can be purchased at any drug store or online.  They work.  Yes, they work and they are not nearly as expensive as the Estee Lauder I used to use.  I am saving a lot of money.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

CeraVe AM and PM moisturizers.  Available at any drugstore.  Highly recommended by WebMD to protect and preserve your skin's natural moisture barrier.  

@tototwobest kept secret!  Yes for all of CeraVe....I've been spelling it wrong on here.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life