Honored Contributor

@lovesfootball    My two recommendations are:

Kylie Skin Moisturizer under $25 (this is a cream unscented)

Buttermilk Moisturizer by Mario Badescu under $20 (this is a lotion)

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Love to read wrote:

I've been using E.L.F. Cosmetics Holy Hydration face cream for several months.  It reminds me of Philosophy's Hope In a Jar but is only $12 for 1.8 oz.  I really like it and feel that it gives me results that are at least as good as much pricier products.  Here;s what their website says.  It also comes in fragrance free.

Voted Best Face Moisturizer of 2020 by Healthline.com!

New name, same holy grail formula! Previously Hello Hydration! Face Cream.

What is it: A lightweight moisturizer that nourishes and plumps skin while delivering lasting hydration.

Why we love:

• Replenishes lost moisture for supple skin
  • Brightens and evens out skin tone
  • Instantly absorbs into skin
  • Fresh, clean scent

Key Ingredients:

• Hyaluronic Acid - Locks in moisture for a plump complexion
  • Niacinamide - Minimizes pores and evens out skin tone
  •  Peptides - Promotes collagen and improves skin texture
  • Squalane - Improves balance and elasticity
  • Vitamin B5 - Soothes and hydrates skin

For a powerful boost of hydration to the face and luminous skin, this award-winning moisturizer does it all. It’s packed with skin-loving ingredients that even out skin tone and replenish lost moisture for a firmed up, bouncy complexion. Great for daytime and nighttime use, the non-greasy formula quickly sinks into the skin for a smooth, super-soft feel.

Great for: All skin types

All e.l.f. products are free from phthalates, parabens, nonylphenol ethoxylates, triclosan, triclocarban, and hydroquinone. All skincare is also free from sulfates.

All e.l.f. products are Vegan and Cruelty Free.

@Love to read  I never know this cream existed.  I checked their site and there's even one with spf30.  Sounds like great deal, thank you!

Frequent Contributor
Thanks for all the suggestions!! I’ll check them out and decide! I appreciate all the help!
Respected Contributor

@JudyL 

With the spf moisturizer you mentioned, I have one important question: does it burn your eyes after you use it ?

This is a problem I have with so many....it is wh6 I go without, except for IT CC makeup with spf.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I know a dermatologist who is very impressed with the Olay products. She has a practice that mostly involves cosmetic dermatology.

Honored Contributor

Re: Daily moisturizer

[ Edited ]

@jlkz wrote:

@JudyL 

With the spf moisturizer you mentioned, I have one important question: does it burn your eyes after you use it ?

This is a problem I have with so many....it is wh6 I go without, except for IT CC makeup with spf.

@jlkz  No it doesn't burn my eyes but I don't use it as an eye cream.  I use a separate eye cream for around my eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

CeraVe AM and PM moisturizers.  Available at any drugstore.  Highly recommended by WebMD to protect and preserve your skin's natural moisture barrier.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@JudyL 

@jlkz   To achieve spf protection, you'd have to use a tablespoon of CC Cream and apply extra on neck, chest and ears. That's a lot of foundation applied very thickly on the skin.

Derms recommend NOT counting on spf in your foundations, but rather using another one underneath. Some companies are beginning to leave out the spf knowing that it's not as effective as a broad spectrum spf applied as part of skincare. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Daily moisturizer

[ Edited ]

I know it's extra steps, but just takes a few minutes. Moisturizers and sunscreen are two separate steps in my skincare. I don't expect my moisturizer to be enough sunscreen or my sunscreen to provide enough moisture to my skin. 

Although my tinted moisturizer has spf 15, that's nowhere enough to be effective and they may as well leave the spf out since it IS misleading. I use a spf 40 for when I'm just around the house..sun damage can occur just reading near a window. If I'm going to be out, spf at least 50 is necessary. If in the sun walking the dog, watching the GDs at a swim meet, etc., I have hats that also offer extra sun protection in their fabric made by North Face.

***As far I'm concerned, there's no point in using skincare to brighten skin, eliminate spots and hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and creping and then not protect your skin from the sun which will negate everything you've done. Some products like Retin A, retinols and Vit.C will make skin more sensitive to the sun. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I know it's extra steps, but just takes a few minutes. Moisturizers and sunscreen are two separate steps in my skincare. I don't expect my moisturizer to be enough sunscreen or my sunscreen to provide enough moisture to my skin. 

Although my tinted moisturizer has spf 15, that's nowhere enough to be effective and they may as well leave the spf out since it IS misleading. I use a spf 40 for when I'm just around the house..sun damage can occur just reading near a window. If I'm going to be out, spf at least 50 is necessary. If in the sun walking the dog, watching the GDs at a swim meet, etc., I have hats that also offer extra sun protection in their fabric made by North Face.

***As far I'm concerned, there's no point in using skincare to brighten skin, eliminate spots and hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and creping and then not protect your skin from the sun which will negate everything you've done. Some products like Retin A, retinols and Vit.C will make skin more sensitive to the sun. 

@Shanus After reading all the posts on this forum, I've realized that I don't wear enough sunscreen.  Need to add it to my routine as I was just depending on my moisturizer - don't tsk tsk me.  LOL  When I look at the ingredients of most sunscreens, the chemicals are not what I want to put on my face yet a mineral sunscreen doesn't go high enough.  What spf 50 sunscreens do you suggest?