Valued Contributor
If I don't cleanse my hair daily, I just don't feel right all day. I wash my hair every morning before going to work.
Formally NewtoWen
Trusted Contributor
On 9/11/2014 okiebug said:

It sure won't hurt your hair - might give it a little "jump start". And if you cleanse every day, you don't need the second cleanse. I say go for it if it makes your day start better.

I had never thought about this. Just use the 1/2 amount then? I love having a stash now too so I can do a remoist a couple times a week and oils a couple nights as well. My curls love it! My mind loves just the whole process because I find it so relaxing.
Respected Contributor

The more you use Wen the better. That's the irony of it. I have to cleanse almost every day because I sweat while asleep. I always did. Not only that but I don't feel right showering and not washing my head. It's like washing a car and not washing the windshield. Sort of like that. My scalp is very oily. I can get away with one day not cleansing but not two. The other poster is right though, it is a pain to cleanse every day. Especially if you have long hair, which I do. After it's all done you feel nice and clean and refreshed though.

Super Contributor
On 9/11/2014 suebdoo said:
On 9/11/2014 okiebug said:

It sure won't hurt your hair - might give it a little "jump start". And if you cleanse every day, you don't need the second cleanse. I say go for it if it makes your day start better.

I had never thought about this. Just use the 1/2 amount then? I love having a stash now too so I can do a remoist a couple times a week and oils a couple nights as well. My curls love it! My mind loves just the whole process because I find it so relaxing.

Start out with the total amount, but you can experiment with cutting back a little at a time - just make sure you have enough. You still want to have enough to cleanse your hair and get it to froth up. I was thinking more about saving time.

I still enjoy using WEN, never felt the need to try something different, and it's been over 8 years.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I think you have a dilemma we all face if we accumulate some of the various scented Wen. I usually finish with a seasonal after a neutral scent like Cucumber. None of them really stay that strong. Bamboo Green Tea to me is the one that lingers. But it mixes with Tea Tree or that Spring Gardenia really well.

My issue is with the bath gel afterwards. I love to use the Philosophy Raspberry I bought from the TSV and it's fruity. Doesn't go with the BGT.

Valued Contributor
It's good to know you can use less if cleansing everyday. I cleanse each day, but still cleanse and repeat. I'll experiment today with half the amount I have been using for the first cleanse and half for the second. Thank youSmiley Happy.
Formally NewtoWen
Super Contributor

I'd love to cleanse daily!! But due to time & kids not to mention my 3b naturally curly hair..not gonna happen lol

With all the Wen I have now accumulated I'd love to though lol

Respected Contributor

I cleanse every day, just because I like the way my hair feels when I do. Sometimes I'll do a double cleanse, but most days I just use half the pumps and do one cleanse.

A tip: When I just do one cleanse, I apply the CC and work it well thru my very wet hair and rub it into my scalp. No "extra" water to froth it at this point. Then I shower the rest of me. After that, I stick my head under the spray for a second and then do the "shampoo" thing, where I froth up the CC, again making sure to massage my scalp well. Then I comb it thru and let sit while I shave my legs, after which I "shampoo" it a little more and rinse.

Squeaky clean hair!

Super Contributor

I cleanse everyday (well most days anyway) because I have to if I want my hair to look good. I wish I didn't have to and could just refresh my style a little and go. Doesn't look like that will ever happen though.

Respected Contributor
I can skip a day, but it bothers me to do so. I cleanse every day and sometimes twice a day if I take another shower. I keep all my Wen in the cupboard. It has it's own shelf. I just select my scents for the day from the shelf. I don't have anything sitting in the shower. That keeps the mildew down.