Super Contributor

Morning. Well, the left eye is worse. Where I'm supposed to have a valley on the scans of my retina is now a hill. They keep saying vision is good, which with the new glasses is, but I can't see thru all the inflammation and the floaters. They can see cells in there, but I don't think said if they thought about the same or worse. So, back on eye drops for my right eye and another drop for both to help prevent scarring but will dilate my pupils. Supposed to do in the morning (& night), but not sure how that will work if I need to drive and get to work. We'll see. Going to get scheduled for the vitrectomy (finally) sometime. Doc likes to do in the main hospital, but they are moving the outpt. surgery to another building, so not sure that will affect timing or not. I just hope and pray the vitrectomy will get rid of these floaters and won't have more inflammation to cause more floaters. Going off the oral steroid altogether for now. Will probably have to go back on after surgery to help prevent/minimize inflammation.

Cat, porch sounds good. Sapphire, did you think of something different and good for supper? I need some ideas!!

Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Wed., 6/25/14

Good afternoon ladies. Warm and muggy. I think the rain passed us by.

Bethee, sorry you didn't get better news about your eyes. Hope they can schedule the vitrectomy soon and that it provides some improvement. Nope, nothing good for supper, ended up just making meatloaf.

Went grocery shopping today and still nothing to eat.

Hi to all who stop in. Have a good day.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

Oh, Bethee, I'm so sorry to hear that your eye is worse. I hope that the vitrectomy will work for you. Hopefully going off the oral steroid will at least let you get some sleep. Hugs, prayers and more prayers.

The porch looks good, too! He's got all the construction stuff cleared away, and I think all he needs to do is to paint the floor and fix the small oops where a piece of gutter tore the screen.

I made a cheeseburger pie for dinner yesterday, Bethee. DH loves it - it was his mom's recipe to start and I've fiddled with it through the years. It's basically a not-sloppy sloppy joe recipe in a crust made from crescent rolls, with a bunch of cheese before you put the top crust on. Hamburger, onions, bell peppers if you like, all browned up, then ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce, and a bit of tomato paste to thicken it up a bit. Whatever other stuff you'd put into sloppy joes. Let it cook down so it's not too wet. Spread the crescent (or regular rolls pulled apart) in a pie pan, put some shredded cheese on the bottom, pour in the meat, more cheese, cover with more rolls to make a top crust, then bake according to the rolls directions. Yummy, and even better the next day if there are leftovers.

Super Contributor

Good evening Ladies. Bethee, so sorry your not progressing in the right direction with your eyes. I know that you have to be beyond tired of all of the drops and medications by now. Hopefully the vitrectomy clears everything and it will soon be just a bad memory. Sapphire, I hear you about going to the store and still nothing to eat! Grrrrrrr -that's all I can say about it. ... Catstamper, glad the construction is finished and you can now enjoy the protected outdoors! I may have to try the cheeseburger pie sometime for DH and DS. Sounds like something they would like. ...... It's rained on and off most of the day. DS is having two baby teeth pulled tomorrow to make room for the big teeth coming in. He hasn't lost enough teeth for braces yet, so this will buy us some time. Hopefully it won't hurt too much. Have a wonderful evening! Prayers.
Super Contributor

Evening, ladies. I'll be going to grocery store tomorrow, I think, and will come home with the same feelings--spent a ton and nothing to eat!! Cat, that pie sounds pretty good. I'd skip the peppers for sure, though! Rain must have gone around us so far, this evening. It poured in town where the TV station is and I could see the black sky, but didn't get a drop here. I think hellokitty said they need rain. Poor states like MN, I think I saw, are just underwater in some areas. Prayers for them and those experiencing the tornadoes.

Thanks for the well wishes, girls. This crazy stuff; I think I'll always have to worry about flare-ups. As I said, I just hope and pray that my eyes don't go too crazy w/a flare up with the surgery. Getting rid of the floaters will be great, just don't want the cycle to start over.

Valued Contributor

Hi, ladies. Noticed no chat for today, being lazy so I'll just say hi here. I hope all are well. Bethee's floaters - GO AWAY!!!

Karin, poor DS. I hope the tooth pulling went well.

Tired today!

Hugs, all.

Super Contributor

Hi Ladies! Cat, I'll just post here too. DS is doing well after having the two teeth pulled. They put two globs of glue or something on two back teeth so he can't bite his teeth together. Chewing is going to be a problem. Hopefully will only be like this for 2-3 weeks. This is the first evening and he is already majorly complaining about not being able to chew anything. Should be interesting. It was a beautiful day here today. Hot, but beautiful. Have a wonderful evening everyone! Prayers.
Valued Contributor

Hi, Karin. Soup and ice cream! Milkshakes! I remember getting braces, and it took a while to get used to chewing. He'll adapt!