Super Contributor

Morning. My baby started his senior year today. Gotta get to the grocery store. Was thinking of going to store on the other side of town, but JMU kids are coming back (freshman move-in today & tomor) so I think I'll stay on this side of town. Wonder what tomorrow going to & from work will be like. Ugh.

Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat., Tues., 8/19/14

Hey Bethee.....hope tomorrow is good for going to work...I wish you the best.....we have had hot, muggy days with awful storms in the evening...electrical storms are the worst....we were spared this time and very thankful for it....my FIL lost his TV, fan,(he doesn't have a/c), and his freezer....he didn't know to check the freezer and today he went into the back room to do laundry and checked his freezer....needless to say he lost everything.....we thought we had b/c we heard sizzling behind the TV.....but we everything unplugged! I picked up the GC from school today....they had half days today and yesterday....you all know how much DH,DD(younger) & I we have done for the GC and sacrificed for them for 10 yr...... Today we had our world turned upside down!! We've had a rough summer w/DD & SIL and we thought it was another phase we had to go through.......GS let us know everything in a horrible way! He told us what his Dad told him and his sister......BUT GS made me pinky promise not. To tell his mom (my DD) b/c he would get punished! All these years we have picked up slack that SIL didn't do.....now we can only speculate that DD has let SIL take over....when we ask to take GC anywhere DD comes back with I have to ask their father!! But GS let us hold it when he got here and it wasn't very pretty or nice to see and hear!! Oh well, I'm actually speechless! Guess another (life change ) we have to go through but I can say this is the hardest one "ever"!
Super Contributor

Good evening Ladies. V, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know that your heart is broken. Big hugs from WV. DH and I were blind sided by a very very close relative. We had these people telling us things. It's hard to know what to say. We decided to not mention anything since it is such a close relative. I do understand. When the GC are a bit older they will realize everything you and DH have done...... Bethee, hope the first day of senior year went well. I'm sure he already is counting down the days until graduation. My DD started high school yesterday. DS started 4th...... Our kitten arrived today! He is really nervous but has been out a bit to investigate and eat. My kids are so happy. They both may sleep in the "cat nursery" tonight. He is so small and cute.... Please continue to pray for my MIL. It really doesn't look good. Thank you. Prayers
Super Contributor

Good evening ladies. Another nice day today but rain tomorrow again.

Bethee hope it's not too bad getting to work tomorrow. Good luck.

V sorry you're having problems with DD and SIL again. The GC will know the truth when they get a little older.

Karin your new kitten sounds adorable. I've seen that breed on animal planet. So sorry your MIL isn't doing well. Will pray for her and your family.

Have a good evening everyone.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

V, my heart goes out to you! I do know how much you've done for DD and SIL and the GC, and I can tell that whatever is going on, it's breaking your heart. I hope that you and DH and DD can continue to be there for the GC because it sounds like they need you now more than ever. Know that I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.

Bethee, how can your DS be a senior? You're 29, for heaven's sake!!! Hopefully traffic won't be so bad tomorrow!

Sapphire, we could use some rain on the grass. I know, we've had so much this year, but now that we had the backyard graded and grass seed planted, we haven't had any rain to speak of. Except one storm that washed a bunch of the seed away!

Karin, have fun with the new kitty! I missed what's wrong with your MIL, but prayers for her, too.

Trip to Pittsburgh last week went well, but boy was I tired!! We had 5 adults in a car that was technically a 5 seater, but boy was the backseat crowded. I'm glad that the other 2 with me in the backseat were little. I'm NOT! My legs were so tired from bracing myself so I didn't encroach on my neighbors!

Prayers!

Super Contributor

Thank you all.....