Super Contributor

Morning. Getting ready for work, ugh. Will probably miss Lisa R on GMA. Hopefully can watch later on line. Yes, Cat, I said Chinese and where is Love?! Hellokitty, sounds exhausting taking care of aunts' (2, right?) affairs. Don't overdo! Hello to others who visit.

Prayers.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Tues., 3/24/15

Good afternoon ladies. Sun finally came out this afternoon, had heavy rain last night but needed it. It's been extremely hot and dry. Gotta love this Florida weather, either rainy and cold or dry and hot.

Karin, hope your FIL mother and your MIL are both improving. My mother had part of her one lung removed with a tumor and only needed radiation but she never quit smoking. Ten years later the cancer came back with a vengeance, she was only 65 when she died. Even then going thru chemo and getting to the point where she was in a wheelchair she still wanted to smoke but I was mean and wouldn't buy her cigarettes. I know it wasn't right but I was just so angry with her for not quitting when she first had it.

Hellokitty, I hope you are almost done with DH's aunts' estate. I know it is a lot of work.

Cat, hope you get some real spring weather soon.

Hi haddie, hope everything is well with your family.

Have a good day everyone.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Hi Ladies. Gym/hydro massage this morning. Then groceries and laundry. Thanks for the well wishes for family. My MIL is on medication that she swishes and holds in her mouth then swallows every 6 hours. She is starting to feel better. Non-smoking lung cancer. FIL's mother is in a rehab center. They gave her blood twice at hospital and may need more. That just worries me. She is 90+ years old.

Hellokitty-COSI was nice but crowded. There are many things that cost extra(movies, a few attractions), so keep that in mind. A lot of the parents sent no extra money so if their kid was in the group you chaperoned that day- well the chaperone paid because who wants to disappoint two kids with money and one without? You can take sack lunches. They meet the bus with a big cart to hold the food as soon as you get there. There is a very large lunchroom with soda vending machines to meet and eat. It was clean. There are lots of bathrooms! I am on Facebook. I live along I-64 between Huntington and Charleston. I'm also karin334 on MM. I don't post but I think you can send me a message on there and I'll give you my name for Facebook.

Bethee, I know you are going to eye doc soon.... Fingers crossed, prayers!

Sapphire, hope the weather is pleasant for the duration of your stay.

Haddie, we did a " spy mission" attraction. Had to spy to get clues. Our group really enjoyed that!

Cat, no more snow! The magnesium that you recommended seems to help with DD. If you remember the yeast treatment- I'm all ears.

It's homework time! I hope that everyone has a wonderful evening. Prayers.

Valued Contributor

Hello! Hope everyone is ok and doing well. We had 5 inches of snow yesterday and was on a 2 hour delay this morning. I am an assistant coach for our Special Olympics track team and I worked then did track. It was chilly but a lot of the snow had melted because the temperature got up in the 40's. Now we are in for some rain and temps in the 50's for a day or two.

Karin...I sent you a message on MM.

I haven't seen Love on here lately. Hope all is well.

Bethee...DH is only taking care of one aunt's estate. The other aunt has a son that is taking care of that estate.

Take care everyone and have a good evening...what's left of it.

Valued Contributor

Hi, ladies! Hellokitty, more snow. Ugh! They were calling for it here but we didn't get any. I don't know if they got any in the mountains. Neat that you're working with Special Olympics. One of my coworker's sons competes.

Karin, I looked up COSI online. It sounds like a cool place. Best wishes for FIL's mom. Scary at that age. I'll try to reach my doc on Thursday when she's in and see if I can get the yeast infection treatment she used for me. Glad the magnesium is working. Were you able to find the Taurine? The 2 together are very effective.

Bethee, eye doc on Thursday, right? Fingers, toes, you name it, crossed. I didn't see GMA either. I did read some of the posts here and wish I hadn't. Folks can be so mean!

Sapphire, I know what you mean about being mean. My mom smoked, and had a series of strokes that left her right arm pretty well useless. Dad caught her trying to light a cigarette on the gas stove, and laid down the law. She quit, and I think part of it was that she couldn't figure out how to get the lighter to light left-handed. I think we're supposed to get more spring-like soon. Please! My daffodils are budding! Boy, the snowdrops are crazy this year, even more than last year. I think they may actually like the snow!

Hugs, and hellos to our BEauties who haven't stopped in lately.

Super Contributor

Yes, karin, hope your family gets better. Cat, I watched the interview this evening; Lisa posted it to FB so I didn't have to search online for it. People here on the boards were talking and being mean? What the hey. People are stupid. Oops, did I say that??

I also saw on FB that Lisa Mason is coming back to the Q. Her husband has stage 4 esophageal cancer (it had spread to his brain), but he seems to be doing well at this point. She's such an inspiration with her faith, and her hubby, Gino, too.

Night.