Super Contributor

Daily Chat *Thursday March 13 2014*

Good afternoon ladies. Didn't see a chat yet. By the time I finish this there will probably be another one started. Sunny but windy and cool today.

Yesterday we went to check out 2 other campgrounds looking for something for next winter. Today went to the laundromat and to check out another campground. Only found one we liked it was kind of pricey and only had one site available for next winter. I guess we'll keep looking.

Hi to everyone who stops in today. Have a great day.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat *Thursday March 13 2014*

Hi, Joy. Good luck finding a place. I guess it's good news that places are full up for those who run the campgrounds. What area(s) do your prefer? It's cold and windy and sunny here. I'm ready for some warmer weather. Bring back some warmth with you!

I'm just getting home and starting some laundry. Went to the eye doc today. Inflammation is back, and I'm back on the oral steroid. Starting a bit lower dose, so i HOPE I don't start losing my hair again. I just can't take this. She talked to me about a surgical implant that has a stronger steroid and should last about 3 years. She mentioned some other drugs, such as Humera (which is a 2x/mon injection), another drug that would be done at the cancer center via IV but would have to see a rheumatoid doc for that. The implant is >$18,500 (just the implant, not cost of having surgery to do it), but she said the drugs could run $100,000s over the course of a year. Unreal. The good thing about the surgery would be they could also aspirate (can't say that other word!) the floaters and gel and put back in fluid that if inflammatory cells did come back, they would not "stick" to the gel like it does now. Could also send that gel out for biopsy to see what kind of cells they are. Lots to think about.

Hope those in NE are doing ok. I think some places around here lost power b/c of winds. And we might have had a skiff of snow in the early morning hours.

Prayers.

Valued Contributor

Gosh, Bethee, what an ordeal those eyes of yours have put you through. That is a lot to think about. I forget - have you been able to get a second opinion?

Joy, good luck finding a campground.

It's cold here today, was in the 20s this morning, and topped out at about 38. This after it being mid 60s over the weekend, and 50s on Monday. And WINDY!!!!

I've got a stomach bug. Came home from work on Tuesday with a sour stomach, took some antacids, then up went everything. I worked from home yesterday, good thing, because I had a low-grade fever and the runs, all day. The meds started kicking in, and I was in bed by 8:30. Still not completely over it, so I emailed the boss that I was going to work from home today so that I didn't take the chance on exposing my pregnant co-worker. I'm TIRED of this! I was able to keep down some rice from chicken and rice soup at lunchtime, so I think it's finally about over. Fortunately DH has a dinner thing at work so I don't have to think about feeding him.

Hugs and Blessings!

Super Contributor

Hi! It's been a while since I've been on here. I ordered a few pairs of the Skechers and had time to post.. Sapphire I figured out the town you are in but not by being noisy.... My Parents are on another road trip (Again) my Mom mentioned the Bikers and how scary it was for my Dad driving....Good luck finding a place for next winter.....You are living my DH and myself dreams! Bethee, so sorry to here about your eye and steroids! The hair loss is awful. I'm still going through that too.. I can't get mine colored per 2 Dr.'s due to my breathing! No chemicals strong oders etc! Cat, hope you feel better soon....wish I could fix you my homemade chick/rice w/extra broth...it always helps my family.. I sat for 1 1/2 hr for my 1st Dr appt today...it was for 2:30 and my other Dr appt was at 3:45 (15 mins away from 1st appt) ....well had to leave w/out seeing my dr and made it to my Dr for my breathing etc....I figured she was more important to see.....Bad news but what's new right? The Pollen is bad here and this is just the beginning! Plus, the land I live on has a huge shape (u) around 26 acres! Long story short------ back on ALL treatments and have to see my Lung Dr to get put on a longer acting shot for Asthma! It was bad today! My BP has been running very high so she is trying a low dose of BP med! My pulse runs from 109 - 122 so far! Due to left ventricle being lazy pumping blood out. Tech name but can't spell it....my BP gets too high when I make a bed! I can't breath well when I do anything! SO hope the shots will work! I've gotten to where I can't stand to go to ANY Dr.....but COPD is progressive but my day of Celebration is coming up on March 27 I Have Been Smoke Free For 1 Yr. .... I couldn't light one if I tried! Not enough air in me to try....I wasn't a heavy smoker thank goodness... Anyway, March 27 will be a Big day for all of us..... Enough bout me! I stopped in the driveway when coming home today and took a pic of my Bradford Pear Tree I was going to send pic to Hellokitty..... But I was too far away! Those trees are tough! I just knew the buds I had seen a few weeks ago wouldn't make it through last week! I just smiled when I came home today and seen the most Beautiful Flowers on that tree. Hellokitty if you read this I will try to get a closer pic and send it to you... Gotta go....DH is cooking eggs, sausage, grits, and toast for supper.....hmmm wonder what he did today? Just joking around....lol Prayers to all
Super Contributor

Oh! I forget to tell y'all.....I had been home for about 30 minutes and my Dr I waited on and didn't get to see called me to tell me he was so sorry for running behind! So sweet! Guess living in a small Southern town has it's "" perks"" !