Super Contributor

Daily Chat *Thursday April 24 2014*

Good morning ladies. Sunny day so far.

Cat, I forgot to answer your question the other day. We are not home yet. Left S. Carolina yesterday but only got to a campground in N. Carolina not far from the Virginia border. I just couldn't drive any longer. We will leave here tomorrow. We will probably stop in Virginia tomorrow night. Not in a hurry and can't travel that long.

Hi to all who stop in today. Have a good day.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat *Thursday April 24 2014*

Morning, ladies. Hi, Joy, thanks for starting the chat. Which way are you coming thru VA? You may go past me!!

I slept in a bit this a.m. and have been doing laundry. That's what I'll probably be doing most of the day! Yesterday @ work my boss won 2 doz. cupcakes from a local business. Delish. She was so excited. And I sure enjoyed, too!! This a.m. w/coffee I ate half of a wet coconut cupcake. I'm soooo bad. No self control.

Let's see, I think Cat asked me about BareSkin? I'm keeping mine. The color, Bare Natural, is a very close match to my skin. However, I have right much red in my face (I call that having 'color' in my face!), and sometimes I feel like I look a bit washed out. Some have said it seems a bit yellow, and I think I might agree. I use my tinted anti-oxidant primer under and it seems to match pretty well. Taking the steroids makes my neck red for some reason, so sometimes I think that makes me looked washed out, too. Definitely less is more with this product. Did you get it? If & when I can get to a boutique I definitely want to try the Bare Beige.

Have a good day. Prayers.

Super Contributor

Bethee, we will be traveling 95 to 17 to 66 to 81. We made the mistake once of taking 64 from 95 to 81 once and we won't do that again. Those cupcakes sound great. I'm anxious to get home in one way to try the new foundation, hoping I like it since it may be too late to return it. Hope you got your laundry all done. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Dang, I typed and it didn't post. Joy, I said you'd be staying east and north of us. Yes, I-81 bad for trucks; 95 & 66 bad, esp. as you get closer to NoVa and DC. My parents, and us, somehow get thru NC to Greensboro, I think, and get on 220. It's dual highway now and pretty nice. Safe travels!!

Super Contributor

Hi Ladies. DS had a baseball game this evening. Glad it was today (sunny). Supposed to rain most of tomorrow. Sapphire, I hope that you and DH are enjoying your trip. It must be nice to not be in a hurry! Bethee, I like my Bare skin foundation and will keep the one that I ordered. I don't think it will be my favorite(Ready), but I'll keep using it and I guess we shall see. It does kind of come off onto my phone. Ready and original don't do that. Makes me wonder how it will hold up in heat. Hello to all that enter! Have a wonderful evening!
Valued Contributor

Hi, ladies. I have a cold, with a nasty cough. Ugh. And of course there's a new "Elementary" tonight, but I'll have to record it and watch later. Nyquil for me!

Sapphire, I agree that avoiding 95 if possible is good. We have friends who live off 17 a few miles from 95, and have gone the long way around and made better time. Drive carefully!

Bethee, no, I didn't get the Bare Serum. I wanted to wait for reviews, especially from oily-skinned women. I will likely go to the boutique or Sephora when they get it and see if I can get a sample. Karin, do let us know how it holds up in the heat. Does it get humid where you are?

I'm tired, and coughing again, so g'night all!

BE well.

Super Contributor

Karin, I noticed it on the phone, too!

Feel better, Cat. And watch Elementary! Oh, my. I wanna slap somebody!

Super Contributor

Hey...Cat I hope you feel better....Sapphire please take it easy and rest when you can....Karin I know what you mean about BB games starting...I can't go to my GS's games yet...but everyone is so rushed during this time...Bethee, yes for some reason prednisone makes my neck and face red! It also makes my skin thin which is causing my Plavix act up on my arms....I have reddish blue spots all over my arms! I hope you don't want to slap me!! I was picking with you on FB about the skins and giants... Elementary was great tonight! Didn't like the ending at all.... Love to all Prayers to all