Super Contributor

Last day of July. Unreal. Just got back from lunch w/friends and CostCo. Why do I spend so much @ costco when I go for only 1 or 2 things?! Ugh. DS wanted muffins and they pound cakes were on sale, so I bought both. I need help. Sunny and warm today. Supposed to get a lot of rain this weekend. Ugh.

Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Thurs., 8/31/14

Good afternoon ladies. Pretty nice day today. Sunny but breezy. Rain later.

I know Bethee the time just goes faster and faster the older I get. I've never been to Costco but I have the same problem at Sams club so I try not to go too often.

Hi to all who stop in today. Have a good day.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

hi, ladies. My dad and stepmom swear by Sam's club, but I always found when we went to, phooey, the other one besides Sams and Costco that I bought things I didn't need and wouldn't have bought if I wasn't there. And lord, couldn't dare take DH with me. Oy, we'd end up with one of those massive jars of candy or pretzels or some such. My company had a deal with Sam's and I thought about it, then figured, no, the extra stuff I'd get would outweigh whatever I saved on other stuff.

It was a gorgeous day. Shame to have to be inside working.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Yoga, which I needed after the deal at my brother's. I hadn't been gone an hour before he called about another thing that needed to be done. Dad had gone up ahead of time to go over things with him and put together a list. Background - Dad bought the trailer for brother, Dad essentially owns it but the landlord (ground rent) insists that the person who lives there has to be on title. Anyway, the plan was that brother would point to things that needed to be done, Dad would decide yes, get an estimate, or no, not doing. We went over the things Dad said needed to be done, and contractor and I left. Brother called with this "one more thing", that he either a) discussed with Dad and Dad ignored him; b) discussed with Dad and Dad said no; or c) meant to discuss with Dad and didn't remember if he did or not. I figure it's a "Dad said no, ask sister" kind of deal. Ugh.

Then today he stopped by, and was all worried that he didn't know if we had gone over the right things with the contractor, and I don't know what-all. Such a royal pain. I have no patience, I know I don't, but it makes me crazy that he has to tell a story about every dam thing and can't just get to the point. And when I point out that he's going on and on, he gets all bratty and snotty. Hard to explain without writing a book, but it's just so dam hard. And he makes me just want to not help him. Do you know anyone who apologies with his words, but you can tell what he's really saying is that it's your fault, that you "make him this way"? That's my brother.

Ok, vent over. I hope all have a wonderful night, and hugs all around.

Valued Contributor

Ummm, Bethee, can we have 8/1/14 before we have 8/31/14? Just noticed the title to the post. I know time is moving faster, but c'mon!!!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}