Super Contributor

Morning. Sunny and a bit chilly. Breezy. Not sure what we'll do today but DS is going to be on toilet duty!! DS got a speeding ticket. Hasn't been driving 8 mos. and got a ticket. Worse is that he told us he was going to fire station to train, but was across the county to go see GF (to get his jacket, supposedly). I'm so livid. DH and I have yet to agree on punishment/restriction. I say only driving to school (in Honda, NOT truck) till court date in June; DH thinks taking away truck for 2 weeks enough.

Cat, yes, I read the series based on the hotel in Boonesboro. Would be fun to stay the night. You going to read The Collector? You'll have to let me know if you like it.

Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Sat., 4/5/14

Bethee...I feel for you...my oldest DD wrecked 2 cars while under our roof! We were able to get her off due to both wrecks being the other persons fault! One of them the patrolman said it was a clear morning but I went straight to him b/c it was a bad foggy morning! It was the end of the month and he didn't have his ""quota"" for the month......so glad she is out on her own but I worry about her lead foot with the GC.....hope you and hubby can come together with a punishment....my DH was the same way.... I see some of you are reading....end of last year I read 8of Mary Burton's books! Scary but so good I couldn't put them down! I just received her latest 2 books and started on 1 but had to make myself put it down and work on paper work....ugh Hey to all who enter in today..... Prayers for all of those in need and their families.....
Super Contributor

Good afternoon ladies. Windy but sunny and warm. Hoping we don't get the rain they're predicting.

Bethee, sorry about DS and his ticket. I hope you are going to make him pay the fine. Luckily neither of our DD's ever got tickets when living home. I would have been ready to ground them till they left home, but of course DH would have let them off easy.

Since I have never been to a boutique or outlet being too far away from them, I was hoping to find the BE outlet in Mb while we are here. Since we had those unexpected repairs though I don't think I will. I am worried that we might need the $$ if any other problems come up between here and home. Some day I will get to one. Maybe they will have some really good flash sales I can get stuff from. I will have my ready foundation waiting for me and already have City Lights waiting back home so I do have some new to play with.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

I am a big reader also. I read Stephen Kings"Dr Sleep" in one day while we were away plus quite a few books on the kindle app on the phone. I only get the free ones on there, so some aren't that great but I finish them anyway. I can't just stop reading and not finish a book no matter how uninteresting it might be.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone. I saw that my new foundation shipped today. if I don't like it back it goes.

While I was teaching my oldest to drive she stepped on the gas instead of the brake and put my car with a brand new paint job into a barbed wire fence. A school bus hit me and I hadn't had it back very long..like a week. Then I took her driving and someone her age or just a little older ran her off the road and she refused to drive again. That was when she was 16. She finally got her license when she was 32. That was when drivers ed around here was still operated by the schools. I lost my $50 on that deal and I wasn't very happy because I was only working part time and my pay check was no more than $80 a week. If I was lucky the ex paid his CS and we got by.

I used to read but I don't have as much time as I would like. I can't remember the last time I actually read a book.

Well, out of here for now. Prayers for all who enter!

Super Contributor

Thanks, ladies. Puts things in perspective. As I said, I'm more upset about his lying to us. We'll see how it goes; maybe defensive driving course or whatever it's called is in DS's future! Just don't like to think of the increase in insurance. I finished the book today, Cat. May have to re-read the last scene(s); seems like they go fast though I sure don't want it to drag out either!!!