Super Contributor

Morning. Almost afternoon. Slept terrible b/c of DH; was up early but watching TV, trying to put receipts in computer and laundry. DS was out all night plowing with a friend. He'll be home soon for a hot shower and then bed. I hope they are done. Cold, cold out. Be warmer this weekend. Tomorrow is my dad's Bday, hope his card will make it in time.

Stay warm and safe. Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Fri., 3/6/15

Hey Bethee...Happy Birthday to your Dad...it is cold here again......the high will be in lower 40's.....ugh....no snow or ice so feeling blessed...doing my own laundry today.....Im running out of clothes to wear....with doing extra laundry for DH's Dad and everyone else I let mine be....and with going to see DH'S Dad almost everyday I only have pj's left to wear. But the flu is on same floor so they shut half the hall down....You know I wont b going everyday...I've been wearing my mask but still scared I'll get it! Oh well, hey to all who enter in today... Prayers for those in need and their families.....
Super Contributor

Good afternoon ladies. Cloudy and cooler today. Possible rain the next five days. It's bike week in Daytona and they said it's going to be a washout.

Hope the weather starts to warm up in the rest of the country.

V, it's good to" see" you. Sorry for all the problems you have been having. Yes, be careful you don't get the flu. I'm sure DH understands you not wanting to visit his dad every day.

Bethee, sorry your eyes are acting up again. Hope the drops keep it under control. Bethee I hope you sent your dad's card out early, it took a week for my DD's card to get to Pa. and the post office wonders why they are losing business!

Love and Cat, sorry to hear about the damages from the ice and water. This has been a terrible winter for so many. Cat hope they get all the mold taken care of. Love, hope the damage from the gutter falling wasn't too severe.

Hi Karin, hellokitty, and anyone else who stops by. Have a good day.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Hi, V. Is your FIL in a nursing home? Please don't get the flu. Sapphire, not sure how long it to my mom's to get there, but my sis says hers took a week, also. Soooo, I'll have to say it on FB and call him!! Hope you don't get too much rain

I just got back from CostCo. Ugh. Tons of people there. Coupons started yesterday but guess with the weather not many got there. I had to stop at the car wash b/c DH's car, which I took since his was already dirty, was soooo filthy. I couldn't get his washer fluid to work and I could barely see out the windshield.

Super Contributor

On 3/6/2015 sapphire25 said:

Good afternoon ladies. Cloudy and cooler today. Possible rain the next five days. It's bike week in Daytona and they said it's going to be a washout.

Hope the weather starts to warm up in the rest of the country.

V, it's good to" see" you. Sorry for all the problems you have been having. Yes, be careful you don't get the flu. I'm sure DH understands you not wanting to visit his dad every day.

Bethee, sorry your eyes are acting up again. Hope the drops keep it under control. Bethee I hope you sent your dad's card out early, it took a week for my DD's card to get to Pa. and the post office wonders why they are losing business!

Love and Cat, sorry to hear about the damages from the ice and water. This has been a terrible winter for so many. Cat hope they get all the mold taken care of. Love, hope the damage from the gutter falling wasn't too severe.

Hi Karin, hellokitty, and anyone else who stops by. Have a good day.

Prayers

Hey sapphire.....so good to hear you too.....DH understands b/c he said he didn't need me sick..... Take care
Super Contributor

Bethee sapphire and everyone....January 26, my FIL was going to lunch w/DH and DH couldn't hardly get him in the van.....so long story but my FIL had a massive brain stem stroke and massive stroke on same side.....he was n hospital for 7days then to Columbia for rehab for three weeks then back to camden to a nursing home for rehab......his whole right side is messed up.....he can't swallow so feeding tube in but speech therapist is trying to get him on solid foods but she isn't having much luck at all.....they finally put pads around his bed ---- he was trying to get out of bed and leave but unfortunately he can't walk....we were getting 3-4 calls a night about falling out of bed.....he is in diapers too...it's sad but very tiring.... He didn't have his affairs in order n didn't tell anyone where ins policies or anything was at n house....so we have a huge mess! My DH was made POA last year but lawyer told DH to keep his Dad healthy for 5 yrs b/c if he has to go in nursing home a lot of land for DH n his brother will go to pay nursing home... Some days he is nice....others he is telling all of us off.....not cooperating with all therapist.....so they are trying one more week and if he still doesn't cooperate they are stopping ... We have no choice but to bring him home......we are all worn out ..... We take turns being there for meals.... Oh well, guess I said enough......you just never know! So make sure your Parents have everything in order.....So glad my Parents do......plus they are spending our inheritance traveling everywhere! lol I'm glad they can get out and go.....they deserve to have fun...
Super Contributor

V, that's a shame about your FIL. Was he in good health before all of this? I hope he starts to cooperate with the therapist. You have enough on your plate but I know you do what you have to for family. Take care.

Super Contributor

On 3/6/2015 sapphire25 said:

V, that's a shame about your FIL. Was he in good health before all of this? I hope he starts to cooperate with the therapist. You have enough on your plate but I know you do

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Sapphire his health was fine....he was very independent and done everything himself....Now the past few years we seen signs of dementia but he wouldn't let his own sons go through his bills and help.. He is 81y/o but was fine...... DH came home from his Dad's lunch w/speech therapist and he wouldn't cooperate again today so therapist left w/tray in hand after he threw cornbread all over my Daughter..... He is awful...with throat muscles not working he could aspirated and die b/f they could get him to hospital... So this is life as we know it at this moment....I haven't said much as of late but it sure done me some good to get this off my chest my mind etc...thx for being here.. Plz keep our Family and especially the 2 boys (my DH & brother) in your prayers.....
Valued Contributor

Hi, ladies. V, so good to see you posting, so sorry about FIL. I'm so lucky that my Dad has made sure that my brother and I have access to his info, and that he's still doing so well. I hope your FIL starts to recover so he can cooperate with the therapists. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sapphire, sorry about the rain. I hope it doesn't last the whole week.

Bethee, so nice of you to take DH's car to the carwash! I hope the w/w fluid worked after you got it clean.

I made it into work a bit before noon, had to take a half day's leave. I am so tired of snow. DH used the tractor to plow and I did the small snowthrower around the house and cleaned off his SUV. I did take the SUV to work, so that was fair. We were both grouchy about the snow and sniped at each other some. I want it to stop!

Happy weekend, ladies! We're going to the Home and Garden show tomorrow, so at least I can see some springtime, inside and forced, but still.