Trusted Contributor

Can anyone here, speaking from experience, tell me whether this hairdryer is a game changer or not?  Just this morning my T3 Featherweight burned out after a solid 7 years of good service.

In particular, does it really minimize the frizz as demo'd and described? Do you feel and see that your hair is actually shinier with use of this dryer?   

There's no others I'd turn to than you wonderful, insiteful ladies here.  I respect your opinions greatly.  Thank you in advance!

Respected Contributor

Re: DYSON SUPERSONIC HAIRDRYER

Well, I am a WEN user, so frizz and lack of shine aren't in the picture, but for me the game change was the cut in drying time.  It takes me half the time to dry my hair now.  Another plus to me is the short barrel of the dryer, I don't have to have my arm stretched way out away from my head to keep the dryer at the correct distance from my hair when drying.  As I've aged and my hands have started to gnarl up with arthritis, not having to hold a "pistol-shaped" hair dryer at full arms length is a big relief.  To me, the higher cost was well worth it. YMMV, of course.

Valued Contributor

I tried it and I love Dyson vaccum cleaners but sent this back. Did not feel it was a game changer and for the price not worth it.  I use a Sedu and love it.  Its not cheap but no where near the price of the Dyson.

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed 

From my personal experience, it made my hair like straw and I returned it.

A friend of mine who's a manager at our local BBB, advised me against buying it because of all of the returns they'd had, but sadly I didn't listen.

I have long, fine, blonde hair (not color treated), but it's hard to dry, so I thought I'd try it.

When that didn't work and I returned it, I found a new spray by L'oreal that cut my drying time in half at least and doesn't make my hair feel dry, it also has heat protection.

It's called Blow Dry it Quick Dry Priming Spray and comes in a black spray bottle.

LOVE!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

My hairdresser has it and loves it but I find my hair is dried out and full of flyaways after a blowout. Products address some of the concerns, but ultimately I think it just strips hair of moisture. Sticking with my T 3.

Honored Contributor

I ❤️ my Dyson! I’m a curly girl and the diffuser is superior to any other I’ve ever had. My curls are much more voluminous vs. air drying, plus like @CamilleP stated, it cuts the drying time in half!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@philom wrote:

My hairdresser has it and loves it but I find my hair is dried out and full of flyaways after a blowout. Products address some of the concerns, but ultimately I think it just strips hair of moisture. Sticking with my T 3.

My hairdresseer recently started using is and loves it too.  I don't see any difference in my hair but it may take a little less time to blowout.  Then again, it should always look good when done by a professional, regardless of the blow dryer, right?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried it and it was NOT a game changer at all.  My hair if anything felt worse after using it for a couple months.  Also felt that the handle became very heavy in my hand when I used it.  I opted to purchase a Rusk instead and that works great.

I have lots of fine shoulder length hair.  The drying time was reduced at all.  My hair was not any shinier.  It just felt worse after using the Dyson.