Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Has anyone tried both?

results for : frizz, shine, softness, holding curls, arm tiring, less hair damage, 

airwrap:

do the brushes tangle hair, positive/negative remarks?

There's no directional blade attachments like the TSV, and no diffuser, can the Airwrap still give smooth blow outs, or make wavy/curly hair non frizzy?

does it's blow dryer attachment have as much power as the  TSV blow dryer?

any evaluations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Frequent Contributor

I own both and I first used only the original Dyson and I love it but then I used mt new airwrap and I’m in love with it. It dries just as quickly and I only use the lowest heat setting, my hair has always been super healthy and I want it to stay that way. I only use a hairdryer because I now live in a very cold state, MN. It smooths my hair and I use the curler attachments and my curls are there for several days, I have long hair and nothing else ever keeps curl in.  Hi t creates a lot of shine in the curls and I’m very impressed I’ve had it for about 6months now. I have not used the brush attachment but I can only assume it would make your hair shiny and smooth since the curling attachments make my hair super shiny and smooth. I wouldn’t try another dryer ever. It’s also very fast, I dry and style within 10-15 minutes and if it took longer I don’t think I’d use it, I never styled my hair before this, I always let it dry naturally to keep it healthy. I highly recommend the Airwrap. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info.  

My hair is beach wavy, more ringlets, and I can freshen the wave each am with water, so I don't need the diffuser. But when I do  use a curling iron if I want vertical -section curls, the curling irons can get too hot, even smokey-causing damage. 

I have arm,shoulders and neck issues, so regular blow drying is out for me. I haven't used a blow dryer in years, only through my hair dresser. When I don't wear it natual,  I use Calista Perfector( it lasts for days) which I like, I still could get the TSV and not the Airwrap if I also use the Perfector, but I feel the Airwrap would give more options being the blow dryer and the curling tools and brushes for another option.

I need something quick, lightweight, won't frizz.

I know this is expensive, but if it allows me to blow dry in less time, less effort and less discomfort for my arm, shoulders and neck, less damaging from high heat, then it's worth it to me.

Do you find because the Airwrap doesn't have the blade attachments  to direct the air, your hair just blows everywhere and where you just dried is messy? How does it smooth if the blades aren't used?

Thanks!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE