Honored Contributor

Re: DRUG STORE HAIR PRODUCT CHOICES

I used Suave for years before I started watching QVC and HSN in the 90's. Hair is dead so I guess  it really doesn't matter what you shampoo with if it doesn't dry your hair and scalp out. My hair as I  age is thinner and my gray is fuzzy, I wouldn't think of using a cheap shampoo these days. I caught my husband using Suave body wash as shampoo the other day and in the closet sits a stash of WEN and Tweak-d.

Super Contributor

I use L'Oreal but it's not the greatest. I have poofy frizzy hair and it's next to impossible to deal with so that's an issue. Shea Moisture curl shampoo and conditioner make it wavy/frizzy. I've been getting Redkin anti-frizz conditioner in a large size at TJ Maxx. It helps but I don't like spending forever drying, straightening, and curling my hair so that's on me. 

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme  My favorite drugstore shampoo and conditioner brand is Gliss. (Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Ultimate Repair).  It is as good as my high end products.  My second favorite is Suave Professionals in Moroccan Infusion.

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

My old faves will always be Revlon Flex, both the shampoo and conditioner:  why they stopped making them, I'll never understand.  

I still miss Tame Creme Rinse!  Best conditioner EVER. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo for a long time. What made me buy it is the outstanding customer reviews written all over the place. It smells like mint and it's very gentle, never strips. I love it!Heart You can buy 2-ounce samples of it if you look around for it. It's well worth a try! That's what I bought first and now I buy it by the gallon! LOL!Woman Very Happy

ETA - You have to buy it online, not sold in stores.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  I bought this because of your recommendation.  I really like it, too.  I added a few drops of tea tree oil because of having a problem with itchy scalp.  That is a thing of the past now.  BTW my hair is mostly white - no coloring.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Oh! I'm so glad you like it. Woman Very Happy @tends2dogs  

My hair is naturally a very dark brown, almost black with no grays and that shampoo makes it so soft and shiny...easy to manage, too. I bet your white locks are very beautiful. Woman Happy 

Respected Contributor

I've had pretty good luck with Suave and Pantene lately.  What I have experienced, when I have used a product that is REALLY good, no matter the brand, it's just a matter of time before that product disappears off the shelf or has a new label.  I'm guessing some high end company buys the formula to sell at at a higher price point.  It's all a game with hair products and cosmetics.  Crooks.  I'm on to them, and I'm no longer falling for it.  There are still plenty of drugstore products that are good. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve recently switched to Tresemme hair products. All the salons around here use them. Wide product line ...everythingI need. And reasonably priced.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been using Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo for a long time. What made me buy it is the outstanding customer reviews written all over the place. It smells like mint and it's very gentle, never strips. I love it!Heart You can buy 2-ounce samples of it if you look around for it. It's well worth a try! That's what I bought first and now I buy it by the gallon! LOL!Woman Very Happy

ETA - You have to buy it online, not sold in stores.

@SilleeMee ,

I believe you can buy this shampoo at Whole Foods and I have seen it at TJ Maxx and Marshalls too.