Super Contributor

Re: DR. OZ GRILLED B4 CONGRESS on MIRACLE DIET ITEMS

On 6/18/2014 Troop_Angel said:

OMG, what a waste of time. With all that is going on in this country and around the world, this senator should be ashamed. There are much more important things where she could focus her outrage.

I disagree. Dr.Oz has enriched himself by backing numerous health / weight loss products. He needs to be more circumspect. He also needs to decide if he wants to be a physician or a salesman.

Regular Contributor

Dr Oz lost credibility with me when he started having people like the housewives of Atlanta or one of those towns etc. I used to like and watch his show but I stopped. He can be an alarmist and there is just too much information for anyone. I can find all I need on a search online lol.

Super Contributor

I kept seeing an ad in my paper and Sunday fliers for a weight loss 'med' that will let you lose all this weight without ANY exercising or calorie counting. Really? The woman in the ad who was successful touted how she lost so much weight just by taking this product and stated many times she did it without any special diet control or extra exercise, just ate the way she always had. At the bottom of the ad in very fine print it stated among other things, Results not typical. Subject used product IN COMBINATION WITH A HEALTHY DIET PLAN AND EXERCIZE...!!!

If that is not flat out deceptive advertising, what is? This is the sort of hogwash that preys on desperate people, those who need serious help and also those who just want a quick and painless fix. The fact that law says a disclaimer must be inserted in these ads apparently make no difference in people's decisions.

I sent the ad to Consumer Reports.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/18/2014 hopi said:
On 6/18/2014 Lucky Charm said: So what?? 90% of the vendors selling beauty miracles should be grilled on capital hill.

The American people should be grilling the folks on capital hill on their deceptive practices.

BINGO!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/19/2014 Big Time said:

I bet after the hearing, he went home, pulled off that muskrat wig of his, did a couple of shots and then produced a few banana shapes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Really??

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

On 6/18/2014 Lucky Charm said: So what?? 90% of the vendors selling beauty miracles should be grilled on capital hill.

I wonder if some home shopping channel hosts could be grilled on capital hill.

Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Just to let you know that senator who grilled him, Senator McCaskel, took $146.00 in campaign contributions from big Pharma mega-retailers and Monsanto. It just boils down to the fact that his supplements are in competition with her supplements. So she is just as bad as he is.

Honored Contributor

Did she buy a purse with that $146?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Sorry about that,VaBelle35 I left out a zero.

That was $146000.00.