Super Contributor

DR Denese SPF 30 Face Cream in the Tube

I threw out my last batch for 2 reasons about 2 yrs ago.

It really was a bit too thick and a bit too dark.

Does anyone use it with another product so its not too thick and retains the full SPF potency? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: DR Denese SPF 30 Face Cream in the Tube

Try mixing it with the hydroshield. The color adjusts to your face, so even though it may not look like the correct color out of the tube, it will adjust to your sking tone.

Frequent Contributor

How are you applying it? I just use my fingertips, starting with a small amount on my forehead. I find that it sort of "melts" into my skin as I rub it in. Then I do each cheek and it just blends in and disappears. I love this stuff!
Super Contributor

I honestly never found it thick OR dark---it just disappears into the skin.

I use a BB cream with an SPF when I don't have this...I also like Olay's moisturizer with SpF...and I have a finishing powder with spf...seems to do the trick...

IT's CC cream has an spf of 50.

Super Contributor

I just got samples of Supergoop SPF 35 CC cream. Dr. D's was too dark for me, too. The Supergoop is a teensy bit dark, but blends better than Dr. D's. It can be thick, though. I'm working with it. Tried to mix it with my Skinn 24 Hour Cream -- disaster. Like chunks of oatmeal all over my face. Today I just applied when my 24 Hour Cream was still goopy, applied less, and was much happier. If you're not as dry as I am, you might not need an additional moisturizer,

What impressed my about this, is that even with the 20% zinc (which I love!) it didn't separate on my face, no little thin white zinc lines in my lines and wrinkles. I don't know how they did it. And, the finish could almost be called matte -- not quite, but not shiny at all.

I got the samples off eBay and depending on my success with different techniques, may buy the Big Girl size.

Esteemed Contributor

Been using for years. Yes it looks dark, but not when it goes on your skin. When tube feels empty, I Cut in half and you would be surprise all that is still in the tube. I do This with all products in tubes.

Respected Contributor

On 6/7/2014 qvcaddition said:

Been using for years. Yes it looks dark, but not when it goes on your skin. When tube feels empty, I Cut in half and you would be surprise all that is still in the tube. I do This with all products in tubes.

I agree that it may appear dark until it sinks into your skin. I have been using this for many years and love it.

Respected Contributor

On 6/7/2014 Tricolor said:
On 6/7/2014 qvcaddition said:

I agree that it may appear dark until it sinks into your skin. I have been using this for many years and love it.

I agree with you guys. This is my favorite face cream. It can be mixed with the brightening cream too, and that makes it feel lighter, but I like it the way it is.

Honored Contributor

I use it and I like it and it works for me.