Valued Contributor

She is a beautiful lady whether she has had any cosmetic work done at all that does not affect her beautiful skin. I have been using her product for over 20 years, tried to switch To try something new and oh my gosh I had to hurry back to her products. 

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I was surfing websites related to plastic surgery. One surgeon advertised his successful results on his website. Whose face should pop up as an example of the doctor's skilled plastic surgery but Dr Denese. It actually came as no surprise that Dr Denese had "work done." The surprise was her agreeing to have her photograph used on a website about plastic surgery. On the other hand, maybe she didn't know what had been done. After that revelation on these boards, I bet that photo disappeared.

Esteemed Contributor

@buebue wrote:

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING QVC FOR CLOSE TO 20 YEARS.  i HAVE SEEN DR.  DENESE OVER THESE YEARS.  HER TSV LAST WEEK SHOWED A VERY VERY YOUNG FACE.  YOU WILL NEVER MAKE ME BELIEVE IT WAS BECAUSE OF HER PRODUCTS.  I HAVE USED HER PRODUCTS AND LIKE THEM.  I WILL BET MONEY SHE HAS HAD A FACE LIFT AND IF THAT IS TRUE SHE SHOULD ADMIT 

@buebue 

She also has been taking human growth serum for many many yrs. She used to talk about it  on a certain  radio program all the time,.

Respected Contributor

@buebue   ...omg, Here we go again !  You must be new here or never seen the same comment /answer that you brought up, over and over.  Who cares !  There is no way that I'd ever stop purchasing Dr. Denese's products because of her having 'work done' on her face.  Who cares !?!  More power to her, I say !  It's like  - someone being a diet coach/person trainer for you and then you stop exercising because you find out they've had a tummy tuck !  Really ?!? 

Honored Contributor

She is an advocate of the use of Rx HGH as a means to achieve youthfulness. 

Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115 ...I totally agree.  I've been with QVC  35 years - bought every cosmetic product they've ever sold...The only tried and true that stays on my counter is Dr. Denese. 

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418    Dr. Denese has not been dishonest - maybe you just haven't kept up with her presentations and heard her say she's had work done.  I dare say if all the other cosmetic vendors were honest, every one of them would admit to 'having work done'. All I know is that my complexion looks better with her products than without them. 

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

@mom2four0418    Dr. Denese has not been dishonest - maybe you just haven't kept up with her presentations and heard her say she's had work done.  I dare say if all the other cosmetic vendors were honest, every one of them would admit to 'having work done'. All I know is that my complexion looks better with her products than without them. 

It's great that you enjoy her products. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

You can have work done and still have bad skin.  

My husband had work done recently. It wasn't for cosmetic purposes though.  He fell and had a cut underneath his eye that they tried to stitch at the ER but that ended up causing it to pull his eyelid downward where you could see the inside of the eyelid.  They immediately referred him to a plastic surgeon who was able to also fix his broken nose, but he had to wait for months for everything to heal before they were able to address the pulling on his eyelid which requred a skin graft.  At the same time he also had the upper lids done since that was impeding his vision.

To me, it doesn't really make him look any younger, and that wasn't the purpose of the procedures anyway.  But, something I did notice the other day was the cheek area on the side of his face where, for months, he had to use medical tape to form a sort of support for the eyelid the skin is smoother and doesn't have all the discolorations that he has on the rest of his face.  It's not immediately noticeable, but just something that stuck out to me while we were eating lunch.  I guess it's the result of the exfoliation caused by the continuous use of the medical tape.  While I'm not recommending exfoliation by medical tape as a beauty technique, it does show the effect of exfoiation on the skin.  Some of the things that age us is not wrinkles and sagging of skin, but the discolorations that come with age and sun exposure.

Respected Contributor

I like Dr Denese products but I don't look that good.  Lol

Most of these products they promote are good for your skin but nothing can do that for you without a  tuck here and there. 

I say grow old gracefully and I would rather see the natural look.  But she is lovely and hope she doesn't over do like some.