Respected Contributor

Re: DORIS DALTON: MISLEADING

It’s about marketing and making money. Corporations could care less about the Consumer! We as consumers need to educate ourselves. The problem is so many consumers are “addicted” to “shopping” and these Corporations know it. Doesn’t matter........!
Honored Contributor

I don't like this "crossover" of vendors and products.  Buying most of my cosmetics elsewhere now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

The merger or whatever you want to call it didn't benefit the customer, did it? If you wanted a palette that "sold out" on one channel and then it showed up on another channel makes the parent company Qurate, QVC, HSN, and Dalton seem shady to me. Where does the customer fit into this equation if they can't get the item they want when it shows up on one of the other Qurate corporate entities?

It does make me think that Qurate thinks that their various customers are stupid and don't know that QVC and HSN aren't competitors anymore.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

On Q, the shadow palette sold out and NEVER to be back again. I went on waitlist. Imagine my shock to see several thousand available on Doll 10’s HSN shows. These are “sister channels”. It’s not honest to sell out on one channel to hold back something for the other.

Can you order from HSN directly?

Trusted Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Shanus 

The merger or whatever you want to call it didn't benefit the customer, did it? If you wanted a palette that "sold out" on one channel and then it showed up on another channel makes the parent company Qurate, QVC, HSN, and Dalton seem shady to me. Where does the customer fit into this equation if they can't get the item they want when it shows up on one of the other Qurate corporate entities?

It does make me think that Qurate thinks that their various customers are stupid and don't know that QVC and HSN aren't competitors anymore.

They don't think we are stupid.

They don't think about us at all.

There is so much solid advice on here and they don't pay a speck of attention.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like QVC and HSN having the same vendors and I don't like them trading vendors back and forth and then acting like it is brand new.  It's not.  They could give a bunch of tired old brands the heave ho and I wouldn't miss them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  I think it stinks too.  The Q is going where they feel they can make more money.  If there are leftovers, you will probably receive yours.  I really don't care for this back and forth between HSN and QVC now.  The Q was unique in their own way and so was HSN.  Not anymore.

I ended up buying the same mascara from Both HSN and the Q...serves me right from buying at night...lol! Woman LOL

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Hi @Shanus . Nice to see you here again.Woman Happy Hope all is well with you.

I didn't buy any D10 stuff yesterday. But I did watch a few shows. Nothing I saw interested me and I really don't need anything at the moment. How about you? Buy anything?

@SilleeMee  Hello. I’m hanging in there. I did purchase the Doll 10 palette and promptly called Q’s CS to take me off waitlist. 

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

On Q, the shadow palette sold out and NEVER to be back again. I went on waitlist. Imagine my shock to see several thousand available on Doll 10’s HSN shows. These are “sister channels”. It’s not honest to sell out on one channel to hold back something for the other.

Can you order from HSN directly?

@Sunshine Kate   Yes, you can and I purchased my palette.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Both companies operate as separate entities.  With both companies stocking the same product, the vendor likely isn't able to keep up.  

Are you saying that Doris has no idea what she sold to each company?

@alarmclock   I think vendors and hosts know what’s sold out and how many are left...they have “voices” in their ear pieces giving them this info. If an item is no longer available, never to be re-ordered (according to the show w/ Mary Beth). For over a thousand palettes to show up on a sister channel is just dishonest.