Honored Contributor

I buy mine from Humboldt Co. in CA., the 'mecca' in MJ, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

OK.  I finally saw a QVC presentation of Josie's New "Skin Dope."  Shawn was the host at midnight.  I have to say, it sounds very interesting; pitch is that the protein you get from it is very good for skin.  It's 50% argan oil and 50% Hemp Oil.

The interesting thing is how they presented it.  Even though the product is called "Skin Dope," QVC has elected to call it "Argan and Hemp Seed Glow Oil."  Shawn and Josie never called it Skin Dope.  You can search for skin dope on the website, and it will come up with this Glow title.  Josie even covered the name of the product on the bottle with her fingers all through the presentation.

At $65 for 1.7 ozs, it's not at a price point that would make me want to try it.  Maybe down the road in a set with body butter.

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered some oils from garden of wisdom, hemp and argan not among them.

GoW has cold pressed, organic argan @ 9.95 an ounce; hemp @ 5.35 an ounce.

Respected Contributor

Although I am a Josie fan, I feel this product is incredibly overpriced.  I just bought 100% pure organice cold pressed hemp seed oil from Amazon for less than $20.  So if hers is only 50% hemp seed oil, why should it cost even more than regular argan oil? 

Hemp seed oil is all the rage in beauty now.  If you search it on Sephora you will see a lot of the big names are making products with it including Peter Thomas Roth, Khiels, Herbivore, etc.  I think Josie got the price point wrong on this one.  Many of the other products out there containing hemp oil also have many other beneficial ingredients as well.

Trusted Contributor
@Caaareful Shopper I did see it! The presentation had no close-ups of the bottle, and the one on display in front of Josie M. and Shawn was turned backwards so you couldn't see the front label.
Did you notice it has an extended shipping date in March? Could it be possible they are repackaging the product with the new GLOW name now...
instead of calling it Skin Dope?
There was a huge online backlash to the Dope name with people sharing incredibly sad stories of loved ones who died of overdoses.
If they are changing the name of the product, I personally think that is the responsible thing to do. We are, after all, in the midst of an opioid crisis in the U.S.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Caaareful Shopper I did see it! The presentation had no close-ups of the bottle, and the one on display in front of Josie M. and Shawn was turned backwards so you couldn't see the front label.
Did you notice it has an extended shipping date in March? Could it be possible they are repackaging the product with the new GLOW name now...
instead of calling it Skin Dope?
There was a huge online backlash to the Dope name with people sharing incredibly sad stories of loved ones who died of overdoses.
If they are changing the name of the product, I personally think that is the responsible thing to do. We are, after all, in the midst of an opioid crisis in the U.S.

@MarnieRez3  Shawn corrected herself in her presentation, it ships immediately, and there’s also an advanced order — at least that’s what her producer corrected her in her ear.  

I think the name is silly and unnecessary.  But the backlash may be more QVC customers.  On Josie’s Instagram page, her followers there flocked to her own website to buy it weeks ago and they are clambering for it.  It even sold out for a while.  Skin Dope has it’s own Instagram page, along with her Josie Maran Cosmetics page. 

I wonder if QVC will be selling the other Skin Dope version, with CBD?

Valued Contributor

Since DOPE is 50% argan oil and 50% hemp seed oil , I can both these oils and mix them together for a LOT less than Josie's RIDICULOUSLY overpriced one. I buy and use Trader Joe's 100% Organic Argan oil - $6.99 for 1.7 ounces. I'm NOT sure how much hemp seed oil costs, but I'm sure it's probably less than $20.

Contributor
Price point is ridiculous- I don’t care how pure it is. And why would you pay full price plus shipping when her website ships for free...
Respected Contributor

I tried it at Sephora this past Sunday. They had 1 bottle left and it was selling for 58.00 of course I had to try it. 

It has as a very faint smell. Its not heavy like argon oil, it is very light and smooth and goes into the skin very quickly. My hands were soft and smooth. Since it is available at Sephora I would buy it there. I wont have S&H or pay the high California tax. 

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Contributor

This is very gimmicky everyone! As some of you posted you can get the same ingredients for far less of our hard earned money simply by researching...Please don't fall for this. All the skin care companies are going to get on the band wagon and sell over priced ingredients because they feel we will buy ANYTHING for our skincare! We all work too hard to be throwing our money away.