Honored Contributor

Re: DON'T TAKE INTERNALLY DON'T GET INTO EYES!

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@fortune wrote:

Why is it that most handcreams and face creams come with warnings?!? Almost all say "don't take internally, if swallowed, call poison control center!  Also, "call doctor if it gets in eyes!"  If I am using hand cream, of course it is going to be transferred to the sandwich I'm eating!  It's also going to get in my eyes eventually!

What the heck is in our beauty products?!?

I'm trying to find creams and lotions that don't have any dire warnings.  Even Aveeno comes with these warnings!!

Any thoughts, Beauties?

@fortune

The other day I was in the drugstore trying to pick out a new face cream.  I was reading ingredients (of course the print is so tiny I had to get my cheaters out) because I cannot do fragrance.  Any way, as you posted, most of them said not to get near or in the eyes.  Well -- I would not intentionally put any lotion or crem IN my eyes, but I am putting a lotion of cream on my face and I do put it up close to my eyes.  Why would any company put ingredients in this type of product that they have to put a disclaimer that you cannot or should not get it near the eyes??  Goodness.  I mean, I often will forego eyecream and just use my face cream over the whole face, eye area included.  Doesn't make sense..... 

@AngelPuppy1  I’m pretty sure an eye cream doesn’t warn to keep away from eyes, just not put in eyes, but common sense prevails. Good face creams have other ingredients too emollient to use near eyes. They could cause swelling or redness. I put eye cream first & face cream up to that area where cream already applied. 

@Shanus

I might have misread and I can't remember the particular names but I thought I saw some that said don't get near the eyes.  In any event, I try not to get any lotion real close to the actual eye.  But I never thought it was bad to use regular face lotion under the eye??  I have done this on and off for years.  Sometimes I get in a hurry and will just forego the eye cream.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

The things that are best for you and your skin aren't traditional creams, lotions and potions.  Organic olis ( regardless of their origin- marula, argan, olive) are really best and do moisturize and provide relief for dry skin.  

Most won't cause irritiation to your eyes or cause gastric upset like the synthetic moisturizers.  

I'm pretty sure they probably have disclaimers as well - unfortunate but necessesary. 

Have you ever heard the  commercials about biologic medications and their potential side effects? 

I think they go into may cause......everything but the kitchen sink.....and they can be miraculous drugs for people who need help.  With the list of side effects I'd be frightened to take them!

@Jtdmum

I took your advice and ordered some Argan OIl and aloe vera!  I'll feel better about it.  16x16_heart.png

Trusted Contributor

@fortune I hope you have good luck with the argan.  I use it after showers and during the winter before bed - When I'm really dry I use straight shea butter on my hands.   

I hope it provides you some relief - dry winters are awful on skin. 

ps.. your pup looks adorable in your pic!  What a face!  Love when they tilt their heads when you talk to them or take their picture, like they're supermodels. 

Honored Contributor

I saw this on line.  Just for shots and giggles.  Do not scream at me about this.  I found it on line and thought it funny.  Take it for what it is, a funny.  But...

I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the poison control center. 
Today, this woman called in very upset because she caught her little daughter eating ants.
I quickly reassured her that the ants are not harmful and there would be no need to bring her daughter into the hospital.
She calmed down and at the end of the conversation happened to mention that she gave her daughter some ant poison to eat in order to kill the ants.   I told her that she better bring her daughter into the emergency room right away.