Respected Contributor

Re: DON NOT AGREE WITH BUCKLE'S SHADE CHOICE ADVICE

Buckle is a man ... if he had to "do" his neck and face, then I believe he would rethink his application method.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I noticed last night was SBs chest was a totally different color than her face & neck. It was obvious that whatever foundation and/or bronzer she was wearing was also placed on her neck. I didn't think that was an attractive look at all -- to have the chest a different shade.

The lesson for me would be to get all my skintone -- face, neck & chest -- even to begin with.

@Shanussuggested an alternate method of evenness when chest area is darker, but what would you do if it is lighter, as in the case w/ SB last night?

Esteemed Contributor

I am surprised that no one has said anything about his idea of putting a touch of blush on the nose.  ?

Trusted Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Buckle is a man ... if he had to "do" his neck and face, then I believe he would rethink his application method.

Ugh....take a closer look.  

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

What I noticed last night was SBs chest was a totally different color than her face & neck. It was obvious that whatever foundation and/or bronzer she was wearing was also placed on her neck. I didn't think that was an attractive look at all -- to have the chest a different shade.

The lesson for me would be to get all my skintone -- face, neck & chest -- even to begin with.

@Shanussuggested an alternate method of evenness when chest area is darker, but what would you do if it is lighter, as in the case w/ SB last night?

Trying to figure out who SB is so I can remember. If the chest is lighter, go w/ some of the Jergens gradual self tanning lotion in light/Med. (also comes in Med./dark). I use it in the summer on legs and arms twice a week mixed w/ my Cerave and gets just a hint of color. (Ah. Sandra Bennett?) Anyway it doesn't get on clothes like bronzer would.

I would think the chest area would have to be substantially lighter or darker to have to do anything really. His idea of face, neck and chest matching exactly would be artificial looking like a mannequin...plastic, like he looked. A slight difference here or there isn't earth shaking. No one is perfect. We aren't models on magazine covers. 

What really bothered me more about his technique? No brushes. He used his hands and went from model to model, touching products, faces, eyes, etc. & never cleaned his hands...no Purell in site!!! 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I watched one his presentations late yesterday.  From listening to him, I get the impression he hasn't a clue about everyday makeup for the average woman!

His whole presentation was about what he does for celebrities and acresses.  His eye makeup was really bizarre, and the foundation was so shiny and his "lipstick as rouge" at the end, while a good idea ... looked comical.

Maybe I just caught a bad presentation ... but I couldn't imagine myself ever wanting to look those models!  And ... wasn't that the purpose of the models being thre ... to show how wonderful his product is?

The models all definitely needed finishing powder. I  tightline my eyes w/ a waterproof gel pencil, but would never come at my lash line w/ a "sharpie". Even the models were blinking!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

I am surprised that no one has said anything about his idea of putting a touch of blush on the nose.  ?

Didn't get the pink on nose at all. My nose and around nostrils are naturally more pink than my face & use my concealer to even those areas out. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

Didn't get the pink on nose at all. My nose and around nostrils are naturally more pink than my face & use my concealer to even those areas out. 

I do a little blush/ bronzer on the center of the bridge of my nose-looks more sunkissed.