Honored Contributor

I have seen ads for the NoNo Pro. Does it work? How does it work? Is it painful? I want it for hair above the lip. How long before the hair grows back? All information and opinions are appreciated.

Super Contributor
Depending on your age, you may or may not burn the heck out of your upper lip trying to use it there. I did. I was 47 at the time, with good skin, but still beginning to have a loss of firmness. So, the NoNo tends to skip around over the sags even when trying to hold the skin taught, and it burns. I tried it twice there and really burnt myself both times. I then tried it on my legs, but it was so time-consuming (to me), that I gave up and sent it back. Also, there is always the smell of burnt flesh (like in the tanning bed days), that means you will need to take a shower after you use it. Some ladies love it though. I wish I had been able to use it. I have discovered that shaving my face works better than anything else and lasts for two weeks before peach fuzz reappears. Good luck!
Frequent Contributor

I used it and it does not work, hair grows back with no change. waste of time and money

Honored Contributor

No!No! It does not work. It does not do what they promise it will do.

But feel free to try it anyway! lol...

Valued Contributor

The reviews on Amazon are very negative. Burned skin is a common complaint.

Honored Contributor

I am very grateful to all of you for your responses. looks like it's going to be no, no to NoNo, for me. You have saved me pain and money. Many thanks.

Valued Contributor

I saw the promo on HSN and I'm sorry to say but HSN tends to exaggerate the success of many of their products, I was fooled on one product and had to send it back so I've learned to read the reviews from many sources before purchasing.

Honored Contributor
On 3/15/2015 IControlMyHappiness said:

I saw the promo on HSN and I'm sorry to say but HSN tends to exaggerate the success of many of their products, I was fooled on one product and had to send it back so I've learned to read the reviews from many sources before purchasing.

They are trying to sell the product. They are doing exactly what all sales people do.

Super Contributor

The name says it all - it No!No! Work!

Super Contributor
On 3/15/2015 Mindy D said:

I am very grateful to all of you for your responses. looks like it's going to be no, no to NoNo, for me. You have saved me pain and money. Many thanks.

NoNo for Me too! I tried it a couple of years ago and tbh all it did was burn the hair off! I hated the smell of burning hair, but if you like it...go for it {#emotions_dlg.w00t} jk {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I did want to mention I do LOVE the Tria! After the NoNo catastrophe, the Q had the Tria on as a TSV so I picked it up. I was a bit squeamish about using it because I'm not all about the pain, but I decided to go for it and glad I did!

They have a pre-laser gel which kind of alleviates some of the pain, but I used an ice cube wrapped in paper towel, held it to my upper lip for a few minutes, then used the Tria. I found that method worked well. Then I went to town on my legs and basically anywhere I have hair that I don't want.

What I noticed: in the beginning when you first use it, yes you can feel a rubberband snap type of pain, but because it's killing the hair follicle, the next week when you use it, you already have less hair, so the pain is less too! By week three I was feeling pretty happy to have that little pain because I knew it was searching out hairs TO zap!

You need to set aside TV time when you can simply use it every week on the approximate same day, because that's when it makes the most progress. After I think they said three months, you are virtually hair free in the treated areas (which I agree with) and then only touchups are needed.

It was quite the investment, but easy pay allowed me to give it a thorough try. I believe they had a 60 or 90 day return policy too, which really made it perfect to give it a try. So, NoNo to the NoNo but I WOULD say YES to Tria, especially if you hold out for a TSV with a great price or find it elsewhere for a great price! I see they even have other brands that say no pain laser. Those would definitely be worth reading reviews on.

Good luck finding your best method to remain hair free.