Esteemed Contributor

I have used doe foot applicators and haven't had any problems. Sometimes I put it on the back of my hand, sometimes not. I never thought about it being unsanitary because I haven't had issues in that sense. I also don't share makeup. 

BTW, there are posters who consider themselves grammar police. I wouldn't worry about it. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw  Woman Happy  I earned my living correcting grammar, punctuation, and organization; now I try to limit my corrections to those who make errors in posts as they correct someone else.   That often includes posts that are long rants minus paragraph breaks. 

Honored Contributor

When using the same tube of product on multiple people, it makes sense to dispense to a makeup palette and work from there.  If I'm the only one using the product, I don't think it's a big deal.  A little bacteria and germs are actually good for us. 

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Unless I’m sharing the product, I’m not going to go to the trouble. I’ve been doing it this long and haven’t died yet.

My thoughts exactly @RollTide2008 .  

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL   I've always done it on other women to be sanitary, but thought over the weekend why am I not doing this for myself?

***I'm sure comas fit in that long sentence somewhere, but someone on another thread gave me h*ll for using too many and said my posts are difficult to read.

@Shanus   almost certain the comma comment was intended for another poster. 

100% agree with @CatsyCline .  The comma comment was directed at another poster - not @Shanus .  If I could find the post, I would, but I can't remember.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  @CatsyCline  

The comment WAS directed at Shanus.  It was in the MEET MARRY MURDER thread.  I remember because I posted about it.  

Shanus was talking about the show and a poster was rude to her, telling her commas would have been helpful.  

Shanus didn't use commas because commas aren't used in the title of the show.  

It was all stupid.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

The comment WAS directed at Shanus.  It was in the MEET MARRY MURDER thread.  I remember because I posted about it.  

Shanus was talking about the show and a poster was rude to her, telling her commas would have been helpful.  

It was all stupid.  

Ah, I see @Citrine1 .  I bet this same poster said the same thing to another poster because I distinctly remember the comma comment in another thread. 

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 

It was all stupid.  

@Citrine1    Oh, Ok i did not see that thread, but there was a poster or 2 that said something about a poster's commas on other threads.

i shouldnt talk. i don't post as much as i would because i'm the World's Worst Slowest Crummiest Typist even after over 30 yrs on a computer keyboard (50 counting manual) 

If Wite Out were available for screens i would own a barrel of it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Citrine1 . I looked for the post, too. We all try to do our best w/ grammer, spelling, punctuation, but I never feel it's important enough to call someone out for a mistake.

I type very fast, some use their cells and it's more difficult to catch or see a mistake...whatever the reason, people just need to let it go and/or move along.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Unless I’m sharing the product, I’m not going to go to the trouble. I’ve been doing it this long and haven’t died yet.

@RollTide2008 - I agree!

Seems like more contamination risk would be with doe foot lip glosses - product is likely to migrate to mouth. Having a bunch of opened glosses used to point they are stored upside down where doe foot is not being kept moist- likely to dry it out and breed bacteria and then put on lips, YUK

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri