Honored Contributor

DO YOU KNOW YOUR TRUE FACE SHAPE?

E70C4237-45D1-4AFA-9769-73862B423F7B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU KNOW YOUR TRUE FACE SHAPE?

[ Edited ]

According to face chart: I always thought I had a round a round face, but after measuring, my face is heart shaped.

Sure makes a difference in recommendations for hair styles, makeup, etc.

Respected Contributor

but,they didn't mention if you have this shape???

Image result for coneheads

Honored Contributor

Don't you just love these beauty tips?  

I'd never wear my hair as suggested, nor follow the makeup tips!

My mirror is my guide

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Don't you just love these beauty tips?  

I'd never wear my hair as suggested, nor follow the makeup tips!

My mirror is my guide

@ALRATIBA  They’re not to follow exactly, but just fun to see if you’ve been correct. In the end, you’re always the best guide to what looks best.

I don’t follow that seasonal what colors to wear, either, but interesting to see what ‘they” think.

Trusted Contributor

I must be a real dolt because when I measure with tape measure and ruler I get different numbers and a very odd shape.

As far as hair styles I’m stuck with a very strong growth pattern so no options.

Interestinf though. I've been told I have an oval shape

Honored Contributor

I have a round face but i don't look good in that bob-style hair cut in the diagram. I wear my hair way past my shoulders, all one length, no bangs with a side-part.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I have always been  told I have a heartshaped face.  Must be why I like wearing my hair short... even though now it is long.  I need to get it shaped up in layers as suggested.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no idea.  I don't have a measuring device handy to try, but I'm sure I would get that wrong anyways.  How would you accurately measure yourself?  Also, nobody has been able to tell me.  I once even tried the easier method of tracing your face shape on your mirror.  All that did was mess up my mirror.

Oh, and I'm sure whatever the shape is, a bob is the best cut for it since a bob is the last thing I want.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus   I have always been  told I have a heartshaped face.  Must be why I like wearing my hair short... even though now it is long.  I need to get it shaped up in layers as suggested.

@SeaMaiden Always good to just to use these charts as guides. 

Thinking my face was round, wore short, curly hair....according to chart, a big X. So, I’m measuring a heart shape (double checked) & guess I was correct to go on instinct growing it out smoother & a little longer. Shorter, curlier hair made my face look rounder when it really wasn’t that shape at all. Go figure.