Respected Contributor

Re: DO YOU HAVE FAVORITE DAY MOISTURIZER?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:

@SilleeMee ...would you happen to know if any of these ingredients can be drying?  Homosalate 6.0 %, 

Octinoxate 7.5 %, octisalate 5.0 % and zinc Oxide 10 %.

Those are the ingredients in the SkinMedica Total Defense  and Repair broad spectrum  spf 50 +.   Im staying in today and didn't apply any additional sunscreen other than what's already in my daycream... going to see how my skin feels as the day goes on without it.  

I dont want to pester you, please take your time...I really appreciate your knowledge.  Thank you!!

@Dazlin 

Generally oxides can have a drying effect especially if your skin is already dry anyway. Oxides are minerals and absorb moisture/oil. There's another ingredient in that Skinmedica SPF product which might contribute to dry skin and that ingredient is silica located in the upper deck. Silica is mainly used as a mattifier (absorbs oil) and also as a thickening/suspending agent (keeps other things from settling). Silica ...not the same as silicone.

@SilleeMee , Wellll, thank you verrry much!!   I don't see a way around it, so im going to use a richer daycream.   I appreciate all responses from everyone.  

@SilleeMee , I can't tell you how grateful I am to you...you always save the day!!😃.  Have a beautiful day!!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @Dazlin .

Happy to help! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Reporting back....today I didn't put on any sunscreens,  or foundation.   I just applied my usual serums, and moisturizer,  I spritzed with the Heritage rose glycerine mist.   Skin feels perfect!   After speaking with @SilleeMee , I'm thinking it's in the ingredients of my sunscreens, then my foundations have added spf...thats causing the dryness.   Gosh, I never had so many issues with skincare, or make up😑.  I'm still going to try other richer moisturizers to help combat this annoying problem.   I have to have a sunscreen on.    Thank you everyone for your replies!!

Honored Contributor

I recommend trying a sunscreen that is mineral only using zinc oxide only, I just bought the new one from Mad Hippie. 

Respected Contributor

CeraVe PM is my favorite daytime moisturizer but I only use it under my sunscreen if my sunscreen isn't moisturizing enough by itself.