Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE EXFOLIATING CLEANSER?

For those of you who take bamboo powder supplement...you can take some of the powder, a pinch or more, and add it to your cleanser to make into an exfoliating cleanser. The more you add, the more exfoliating power. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's rare that I feel the need to exfoliate. Acid pads, Retin A and a washcloth when cleansing seem to be sufficient.

When I do feel a few rough spots, I reach for Exfolikate. I use it after I remove makeup at night. If I use it in themorning, my face seems to get too pink and Ineed more concealer in some areas. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm currently using up Signature Club A Glycolic Cleanser. It's creamy and non-stripping, pretty mild for a glycolic product.  I've had it awhile and just trying to use it up.  I was having a very good experience with Bliss Microdermabrasion Scrub before I started with the Dr. Nassif Detox Pads.  It's inexpensive, gets the job done, and is available on an Amazon subscription.  Another old favorite is the Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant, but it's pricey. It does last a good, long while though.  You can also get a glycolic cleanser like Alpha's or QRx Labs' if you don't want physical scrubbies.  These days, I'm content using a silicone sonic cleansing tool with my cleanser and the Nassif pads.  

09CF5B0F-BCE6-4887-B141-F47A23371B3C.jpeg

79B05535-4B26-412C-B809-09CA97177B28.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch - do you use the Dr Nassif pads morning and night or just once a day?  Think I remember it being said they are gentle enough for twice a day but can't remember.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm currently using up Signature Club A Glycolic Cleanser. It's creamy and non-stripping, pretty mild for a glycolic product.  I've had it awhile and just trying to use it up.  I was having a very good experience with Bliss Microdermabrasion Scrub before I started with the Dr. Nassif Detox Pads.  It's inexpensive, gets the job done, and is available on an Amazon subscription.  Another old favorite is the Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant, but it's pricey. It does last a good, long while though.  You can also get a glycolic cleanser like Alpha's or QRx Labs' if you don't want physical scrubbies.  These days, I'm content using a silicone sonic cleansing tool with my cleanser and the Nassif pads.  

09CF5B0F-BCE6-4887-B141-F47A23371B3C.jpeg

79B05535-4B26-412C-B809-09CA97177B28.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch - do you use the Dr Nassif pads morning and night or just once a day?  Think I remember it being said they are gentle enough for twice a day but can't remember.  

@JudyL  When I first purchased the Nassif detox pads, I got a set of the original and a set of the gentle.  I've been using the original in the AM and the gentle in the PM.  They can be used twice daily but I questioned the need since I also use a glycolic moisturizer a few mornings a week and either PTR retinol or Tretinoin at night. I decided to use up the gentle pads and gave the two unopened jars to my DD and DDIL with their Mother's Day skincare gifts. I'll keep my AD active for awhile in case they like them and want to continue.  But for me, going forward I'll stick with the original detox formula in my AM routine and that's it.

Respected Contributor

@Thats Me. Ptr glycolic cleanser was my favorite...he stopped making it and I haven't found it anywhere.  The one in the blue bottle. 

Respected Contributor

WOW!! Thank you all...soooo many look very good.

Now to decide 🙂

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch ...im looking at the Bliss...IS IT DRYING??   I need hydrating. 

I have a glycolic cleanser BSW, too drying for morning but good at night to remove make up.   I was already considering Alphas cleanser.   I have the serum and I really like it.   In addition, to switch off, I think im going to try Derma E vitamin C cleanser to.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee.... That's my favorite!!

Thanks for the pic.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee does the Olay have any scrubby granules?

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@SilleeMee does the Olay have any scrubby granules?

@Dazlin 

Yes, but they dissolve once you start cleansing with it. That's one thing I like about that cleanser. You can't over-do the scrub factor because the granules go away as you cleanse.