Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU GO OUT WITHOUT MAKEUP

When I was working we would have to put on & take off a surgical mask several times a day. My MU would rub off on the masks so I just started going to work without MU  & sleeping 15 min longer in the morning. So now that I'm retired I only wear MU when I am going somewhere, but daily around the house I do not. Also, when we can we swim daily so there is no reason to waste MU putting it on and then going swimming. Normally, I probably only wear MU one or two days a week.

Honored Contributor

I go without make up about 3/4 of the time. When I  do go out, I put very little make up on, my  bb cream, blush and ALWAYS do my eyebrows, maybe a touch of eyeliner. Thats just for errands. If I am going out socially, then I put a full face on.  Otherwise I am naked and NOT afraid to go without.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I absolutely have to have mascara and eyebrow pencil.  The rest is depending on where I'm going.  I guess I don't worry about impressing the post office or grocery store people and I'm usually in a hurry to get going.  Dress up occasions will get more effort out of me to do a full face and cover the sun spots and redness. I live in a really casual rural area where some people show up at the few white table cloth restaurants looking like they just fell out of bed. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I do.  I wear very little make-up during the week because I work in a corporate environment, but on the weekends I don't wear any make-up at all.  The only exception is if I am going to dinner or doing something special.  Otherwise, nothing on my face.  

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

I don't wear anything but moisturizer and lip balm if I'm staying home.

For errands,I will use a tinted moisturizer, some brow mascara, blush and lip color.

For going to work, out to dinner etc, I do the whole thing. I am an eyeshadow fanatic and I take great pleasure in really amping up my eyes.

I have eyelash extensions which simplifies my routine considerably. I look finshed even when I'm not wearing other makeup.

If I could afford them, I would get eyebrow extensions for the same reason.

Contributor

I retired on July 1.  It has been a joy to cut back on the daily makeup grind.  I always fill in my brows, use a little concealer under my eyes and just a swipe of lip color.  I do take good care of my skin which helps me feel confident. 

Valued Contributor

I have fair skin and platinum hair.  Without some kind of make up I look like a ghost !  So my daily look is something like IT CC  Cream , then I fill in my platinumish brows with a pencil and add a pinkish rosy lipstick.  Thats my bare minimum.  If I need more I add a cream blush and some Revlon masscara.  I'm more of a fanatic about skincare and keep my make up natural and easy.  I just turned 65 and when I see women over 50 with a full face of heavy make up grocery shopping I cringe!

Super Contributor

Yes.

I haven't done full make up in years.

I had a family reunion last month & the only thing I wore was bronze liner, clear mascara, & sheer lipstick. It was also very hot & humid, so it didn't take long for everything to disappear. My sister, who is 8 years younger, does not wear make up. Nothing. Nor does she use any skin care products.

I've gone so long without wearing make up that I don't look like myself if I do.

I like my "bare" face.

Honored Contributor

Yes I do.  I always wear make-up to work and going out socially.

If I am not doing either of those, chances are, I have no make-up on at all.  Around the house, absolutely nothing.  Going to run errands, I'll slap some gloss on.

Super Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I go everywhere without makeup.. I have never in my life worn lipstick... I hate the feel, taste and look of it on me.

i can't stand'foundation and have never worn that either.

When I am going formal, I wear eye makeup, but I haven"t been formal for a while.

i can't remember the last time I put any makeup on.

Ask me about earrings.. I NEVER go out without them.

Yes, earrings. Don't feel "dresssed" without them & since I have hundreds of earrings, I don't have enough ears or years to wear them only occasionally.