Respected Contributor

Re: DO YOU GO OUT WITHOUT MAKEUP

I wear blush ( sometimes) and eyeliner/mascara, never anything on my face

Respected Contributor

Absolutely not !  

Respected Contributor

No makeup for me. Curl eyelashes, put on eyebrows and done. I do use good skincare products---Algenist. I never really learned how to put it all on. Forgot Burt Bees tinted lips. My mother used to say put rouge on. I would pinch my cheeks. She gave up. I say rouge because That is what she always called it and I am 74 .

Esteemed Contributor

Sunscreen and concealer are musts.  

Oh yeah, I require really big sunglasses too, LOL.

I can get by without about anything else (get by doesn't mean I look good mind you, just that I am willing to go out if need be), but I HAVE to have concealer.  

Valued Contributor

I rarely wear a full face. To just run errands I wear black sports pants and a sports t-shirt so makeup would look ridiculous. I wear Dr Denese's SPF and lip gloss. If I have to go to the Dr's or an appointment where I need to speak to people I'll add mascara and a little blush. I think I look just fine without makeup so I don't ever worry about what others might think of me. I'm sure no one really cares. If they do, I feel they are extremely superficial.

Valued Contributor

Sadly, I can't go totally bare faced anymore.
My dark circles are so dark I look like I've been punched. My minimal look is concealer, a bb cream (I'm using it right now), a bit of tightlining, eyebrows and a lip cheek cream like Bobbi brown pot rouge, and dime setting powder. Hardly minimal, but that's my no makeup makeup routine at 50..
Valued Contributor

I forgot to add that my skin is in great shape other than the hereditary circles, but at about 48 my features started to disappear, so makeup became a must. For me it's mostly about definition and looking well rested and healthy. My, has the beauty bar lowered in middle age 😀 I will also add that my face seems to look more vibrant when I eat lots of fresh veggies and wild salmon and stay really hydrated.
Honored Contributor

I feel bad for anyone who feels like a slave to makeup and/or feels like they have to wear it.

I love makeup and have fun with it so I usually wear it when I go out.  But I often go w/o makeup (and wear glasses instead of contacts) if I am just running quick errands or gong to the grocery store or for a walk. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have been doing the same thing as the OP.  For everyday, I use a tinted CC, blush, mineral veil, BE cream eye shadow in a neutral color and mascara.  I like it and it sure streamlines my routine!

Contributor

One word:  No.  Nobody wants to see that :-)