Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU Exfoliate your Scalp?

scalp brush

I keep these in the shower and use them when I shampoo and condition my hair.

Addictive.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

I am starting to looking into scalp exfoliation as well.  I just bought the Nutri Ox shampoo for chemically treated hair and hope it doesnt dry out my hair.  I just bought the shampoo and am wondering if I should have bought the conditioner as well.  I have stopped using conditioner but this may be one I should get.  It just seems I lose more hair with conditioner, it is weird.

I do have a brush in the shower for massaging but dont always do it.  It is a detangling kind of brush, maybe I should get one that is specifically for scalp massage. I wonder if that makes a difference.  I have the one by vitagoods too but I dont like it at all.  That one is battery operated and it just is not flexible.  .... or something.

I have checked in the fuller brush and it is not available anywhere. I remember now, I checked into this brush once before a long time ago. I wonder if they stopped making it or I just dont have any luck. 

@aprilskies

I have used Nutri-Ox a few times over the years and recommend using the conditioner along with the shampoo. They work best together. They do help to stop hair loss and encourage new hair growth.

My hair tends to get dried out by most shampoos/conditioners but these Nutri-Ox products don’t cause that problem for me.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I am starting to looking into scalp exfoliation as well.  I just bought the Nutri Ox shampoo for chemically treated hair and hope it doesnt dry out my hair.  I just bought the shampoo and am wondering if I should have bought the conditioner as well.  I have stopped using conditioner but this may be one I should get.  It just seems I lose more hair with conditioner, it is weird.

I do have a brush in the shower for massaging but dont always do it.  It is a detangling kind of brush, maybe I should get one that is specifically for scalp massage. I wonder if that makes a difference.  I have the one by vitagoods too but I dont like it at all.  That one is battery operated and it just is not flexible.  .... or something.

I have checked in the fuller brush and it is not available anywhere. I remember now, I checked into this brush once before a long time ago. I wonder if they stopped making it or I just dont have any luck. 

@aprilskies

I have used Nutri-Ox a few times over the years and recommend using the conditioner along with the shampoo. They work best together. They do help to stop hair loss and encourage new hair growth.

My hair tends to get dried out by most shampoos/conditioners but these Nutri-Ox products don’t cause that problem for me.

@willdob3,  thanks, I am going to try and pick it up today.  Like you, every thing seems to dry out my hair lately and if the products don’t dry it out, they weigh it down and make it greasy looking. It is tough to have hair issues. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee,  For some reason, this brush is very popular and out of stock at several places.  I am debating whether to wait or purchase the another brush that also vibrates.  

@Katcat1 I found the Fuller Scalp Brush has been discontinued. I did find it at Hippocrates Health Institute online for $10.95. I don't know how much shipping is. They don't take Paypal. Not interested in giving my credit card info to a company I have never heard of. I don't know why these places don't except Paypal. It sure keeps me from ordering from a lot of places online.

I find I can do the same scalp exfoliation with Skinn's Wet Dry Brush by just brushing my hair/scalp daily.

You can also use a shampoo with salicylic acid or fruit acids.

Alterna makes a scalp exfoliator with a brush attached to the product. It has some good reviews & some not so good.?

Image result for alterna exfoliating scalp facialImage result for alterna exfoliating scalp facial

Respected Contributor

Kerastase has a pre-cleanse scalp exfoliator.

Honored Contributor

I asked my stylist about the exfoliating brushes and scubs and she gave me an interesting perspective. For some, it's a great idea but the majority wind up ripping out hair or doing damage to their scalp. She sees the irritation of the brushes and the scrubs that people use so she isn't a fan of them.

Does it help your hair to grow? I don't know. I won't do it as I have a healthy scalp so why mess with something that's already doing well.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz    How sweet and considerate of you to think of me.  I ended up purchasing a scalp brush from Target online that also works with batteries to vibrate the scalp.  It had mostly 5 star ratings.  I figure if I really don't like it, I can return it.  I have a Red card so I do receive 5% off and free shipping.  Thank you for thinking of me.  Happy Holidays.

kindness is strength