Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU CHANGE SKINCARE & MAKEUP FOR FALL/ WINTER?

@shaggygirl 

Ok. Well you have to do what feels best/right for you.  There are no rules.  I enjoy color on my eyes and get compliments nearly every time I go somewhere.  But there are times where I feel a neutral eye is more appropriate, like a funeral.  Or like a loan closing on property (altho the pink glittery hard that I wear to some closings gives me color) Smiley Wink  If you have that Martha's Vineyard vibe with your jeans and tees/sweaters, then by all means, neutrals Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Regardless of where I've lived and the climate, I have never made skin care and makeup changes based on the calendar.  It's on an as-needed basis, all year 'round. 

This reminds me that I once worked with a gal who was obsessed with seasons and makeup color changes.  One winter day, a co-worker of hers grabbed a small mirror and politely dragged her outside into regular daylight.  She was horrified by how the darker makeup ... well .... did her no favors.  She had no idea how bad she looked.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus Thank you for this timely thread! I have always HAD good skin, but something happened during the past year.😐 I now have some fine lines under my eyes, and am troubled with little red bumps that resemble pimples; not alot, but definitely noticeable. They are concealed easily with makeup, but I am wondering if the OBAGI system will help these issues.🤞 My current skincare routine involves Clinique products.TIA for any suggestions you can offer.😊

I switch to warm tones for eyeshadow and blush during this time of the year, but wear pink tones during spring/summer.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Shanus Thank you for this timely thread! I have always HAD good skin, but something happened during the past year.😐 I now have some fine lines under my eyes, and am troubled with little red bumps that resemble pimples; not alot, but definitely noticeable. They are concealed easily with makeup, but I am wondering if the OBAGI system will help these issues.🤞 My current skincare routine involves Clinique products.TIA for any suggestions you can offer.😊

I switch to warm tones for eyeshadow and blush during this time of the year, but wear pink tones during spring/summer.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles   I think we've all aged a bit from stress, lack of sleep, loss, etc. over the last 18 months. That said, your derm needs to prescribe OBAGI for you the first time. Besides the fact that an RX for RETIN A is involved with the night time cream that lightens spots, etc., it also has several strengths (the system) and also oily skin, dry skin and it may not be right for your issues. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus Thank you so much! 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I may change up to richer moisturizers and can begin my OBAGI System which I do a few times a year. It kick starts my skin for winter. It has all the pieces to exfoliate, cleanse, fade spots and includes an SPF. It's expensive, but worth having the system with numbered products to make skincare a breeze. It lasts for 6-8 weeks and leavesmy skin smoothe and clear.

Makeup? I change to a deeper pinkish/beige lipcolor or a deeper raspberry shade & eye makeup changes to a little darker liner and shadow, but in the same grey or lavender tones. 

What do you change over to for the cooler weather?

What is the story with Obagi?

@jackthebear   LisLisaD1 on youtube recently did a video explaining the system. It is purchased at your derm's office or a medi spa. It's also available on some sites online. It's about $350-$375 for all the products that are numbered and gives the order of use and AM or PM. that lasts almost 8 wks. for me. there is a gentle cleanse, Exfodern which exfoliates the skin (expect some redness and peeling), a fading cream for daytime and an spf formulated to use with this system. At night, cleanser again, a differnt fading lotion w/ hydroquinone that's mixed with a pea size amount of RETIN A. By the end of the system, your skin will be smoothe as silk, most spots and discolations from the summer are gone. I do it twice a year...now and again before spring. It's a very strong system, but so effective as a skincare "restart".

My MD does not sell it is it worth doing the the OTC. Version @Shanus 

Occasional Contributor

Yes!!! Inused to change my misturizing cream because in winter my skill will get more dry.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I may change up to richer moisturizers and can begin my OBAGI System which I do a few times a year. It kick starts my skin for winter. It has all the pieces to exfoliate, cleanse, fade spots and includes an SPF. It's expensive, but worth having the system with numbered products to make skincare a breeze. It lasts for 6-8 weeks and leavesmy skin smoothe and clear.

Makeup? I change to a deeper pinkish/beige lipcolor or a deeper raspberry shade & eye makeup changes to a little darker liner and shadow, but in the same grey or lavender tones. 

What do you change over to for the cooler weather?

What is the story with Obagi?

@jackthebear   LisLisaD1 on youtube recently did a video explaining the system. It is purchased at your derm's office or a medi spa. It's also available on some sites online. It's about $350-$375 for all the products that are numbered and gives the order of use and AM or PM. that lasts almost 8 wks. for me. there is a gentle cleanse, Exfodern which exfoliates the skin (expect some redness and peeling), a fading cream for daytime and an spf formulated to use with this system. At night, cleanser again, a differnt fading lotion w/ hydroquinone that's mixed with a pea size amount of RETIN A. By the end of the system, your skin will be smoothe as silk, most spots and discolations from the summer are gone. I do it twice a year...now and again before spring. It's a very strong system, but so effective as a skincare "restart".

My MD does not sell it is it worth doing the the OTC. Version @Shanus 

@jackthebear   I'd find a medi spa or another derm office that sells OBAGI. The products are stong and you really need to make sure it's OK for the type of issues you want to address. It really causes redness and peeling the first few weeks until your skin adjust and a professional should see your skin and the  type of darkness in areas before beginning to use it. Some places that do facials sell it, but I'd still prefer you check with a professional. 

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@shaggygirl 

Ok. Well you have to do what feels best/right for you.  There are no rules.  I enjoy color on my eyes and get compliments nearly every time I go somewhere.  But there are times where I feel a neutral eye is more appropriate, like a funeral.  Or like a loan closing on property (altho the pink glittery hard that I wear to some closings gives me color) Smiley Wink  If you have that Martha's Vineyard vibe with your jeans and tees/sweaters, then by all means, neutrals Smiley Happy

@monicakm 

For me better the Martha's Vineyard vibe than the old lady with the blue eyeshadow vibe.

LOL Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

No, it's pretty much an endless summer (it does get cooler December-February, but not cold) where I live, so I don't need to change anything with my skincare & make-up routine.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.