Honored Contributor

DO YOU CHANGE SKINCARE & MAKEUP FOR FALL/ WINTER?

[ Edited ]

I may change up to richer moisturizers and can begin my OBAGI System which I do a few times a year. It kick starts my skin for winter. It has all the pieces to exfoliate, cleanse, fade spots and includes an SPF. It's expensive, but worth having the system with numbered products to make skincare a breeze. It lasts for 6-8 weeks and leavesmy skin smoothe and clear.

Makeup? I change to a deeper pinkish/beige lipcolor or a deeper raspberry shade & eye makeup changes to a little darker liner and shadow, but in the same grey or lavender tones. 

What do you change over to for the cooler weather?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DO YOU CHANGE SKINCARE & MAKEUP FOR FALL/ WINTER?

[ Edited ]

I change nothing. Didn't know you were supposed to. You gave me something to think about. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl   My skincare needs usually change as my skin gets a bit drier. I don't match my makeup to clothing, but do give up my more pastel shadow shades for more fall shades in my palettes. 

Honored Contributor

No. And with the mask mandates, I am only wearing sunscreen and a bit of mascara anyway. No makeup.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl   My skincare needs usually change as my skin gets a bit drier. I don't match my makeup to clothing, but do give up my more pastel shadow shades for more fall shades in my palettes. 

@Shanus 

I'm of an age that using colors of shadows would look silly on me. Especially since I live in jeans & tees/sweaters. Stick to neutrals just to take the edge off of some redness. No doubt you do a good makeup on yourself and never look overdone since that is right up your alley. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I may change up to richer moisturizers and can begin my OBAGI System which I do a few times a year. It kick starts my skin for winter. It has all the pieces to exfoliate, cleanse, fade spots and includes an SPF. It's expensive, but worth having the system with numbered products to make skincare a breeze. It lasts for 6-8 weeks and leavesmy skin smoothe and clear.

Makeup? I change to a deeper pinkish/beige lipcolor or a deeper raspberry shade & eye makeup changes to a little darker liner and shadow, but in the same grey or lavender tones. 

What is the story with Obagi?

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

I'm of an age that using colors of shadows would look silly on me. Especially since I live in jeans & tees/sweaters. Stick to neutrals just to take the edge off of some redness. No doubt you do a good makeup on yourself and never look overdone since that is right up your alley. 

@shaggygirl   I'm 73 & I'm always in jeans/sweaters, too. My greys and lavendar shadows are light and neutral...just more in keeping w/ sweaters that my usual pale tones. 

Honored Contributor

No

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear   LisLisaD1 on youtube recently did a video explaining the system. It is purchased at your derm's office or a medi spa. It's also available on some sites online. It's about $350-$375 for all the products that are numbered and gives the order of use and AM or PM. that lasts almost 8 wks. for me. there is a gentle cleanse, Exfodern which exfoliates the skin (expect some redness and peeling), a fading cream for daytime and an spf formulated to use with this system. At night, cleanser again, a differnt fading lotion w/ hydroquinone that's mixed with a pea size amount of RETIN A. By the end of the system, your skin will be smoothe as silk, most spots and discolations from the summer are gone. I do it twice a year...now and again before spring. It's a very strong system, but so effective as a skincare "restart".

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear   LisLisaD1 on youtube recently did a video explaining the system. It is purchased at your derm's office or a medi spa. It's also available on some sites online. It's about $350-$375 for all the products that are numbered and gives the order of use and AM or PM. that lasts almost 8 wks. for me. there is a gentle cleanse, Exfodern which exfoliates the skin (expect some redness and peeling), a fading cream for daytime and an spf formulated to use with this system. At night, cleanser again, a differnt fading lotion w/ hydroquinone that's mixed with a pea size amount of RETIN A. By the end of the system, your skin will be smoothe as silk, most spots and discolations from the summer are gone. I do it twice a year...now and again before spring. It's a very strong system, but so effective as a skincare "restart".

interesting, sounds like what I need

I don't mind wrinkles but the age spots age me more KWIM ?

will check the video