Valued Contributor

Re: DO GLYCOLIC PRODUCTS FADE SPOTS??

I've spent years chasing products for age spots.  Within the past year I've been using grocery store brand Apple Cider Vinegar - twice a day.  Age spots, gone and I still use it twice a day to ward any others from sprouting,

I also had a skin tag on my neck, yep, Apple Cider Vinegar.

Grocery store bought coconut oil is my head to toe moisturizer.

I'm not advocating products for anyone, but am suggesting GOOGLE is our friend, and you may all find products, readily available, not costing a small fortune, that actually work.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee   I've used alpha Hydrox products front Neotericcosmetics for years, I'm guessing about 25 years.  I've been very pleased with what it has done for my skin but it has done virtually nothing for brown sun spots.  They are just as prominent today as they were the day I started using the products.  I find It Cosmetics foundation covers them very nicely, so I don't suffer from major trauma.

@Kachina624 

I think for the more darker spots, a higher concentration of AHA might be what's needed. But for light tan spots, light discolorations and uneven skin tone, the Alpha products seemed to work pretty well for me over the years. I think it has helped keep an even skin tone most of all. I had to get a couple of very dark spots professionally removed...nothing else seemed to work on those and most certainly not the Alpha creams either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin wrote:
@SilleeMee...I ordered the pads. I usually buy PTR pads..but since I'm seeing some slight spots appearing, I'm going to give these a try. Will use on my chest and hands too. I'll be sure to MOISTURIZE. I always apply high spf too.

@Dazlin 

I'm glad you got those pads. Just wanted to say one thing about the 20% pads...when you apply them just gently swipe them across your skin and do not rub or scrub back 'n forth. That will cause irritation because they do, in fact, contain a high concentration of acid. Wanted to throw that out there so you will have good results without irritation. Good luck!Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the link. I find GA products don't do much for me. But my skin is sensitive; so, I probably don't use them enough.

Honored Contributor

I use wart remover...........but this is NOT a recommendation

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Thanks Silleemee...glad you brought that out...I do usually rub back n forth. I'll just swipe and be careful on my decollette. I'm especially concerned about that area, hoping and trying to keep that skin hydrated and smooth. Even though I pack on high SPF, I still get some spots there. I'm using Josie Maran spf 47 on that area, and then top if off with Banana Boat for babies if I'm going to be outside. I live in Florida...soooo...
Respected Contributor

I just ordered SSC...C cleanser, and C pads duo.
I have used both awhile back and liked them.
Got the free shipping too.
Now I should be all set between the Glycolix pads at night, this for morning.
Thanks everyone!!
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 ....after using the apple cider vinegar, do you rinse your skin after 20 minutes?

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
I just ordered SSC...C cleanser, and C pads duo.
I have used both awhile back and liked them.
Got the free shipping too.
Now I should be all set between the Glycolix pads at night, this for morning.
Thanks everyone!!

@Dazlin  - I use the SSC Vitamin C pads and I was very surprised when the discoloration on my face faded pretty well when I first started using them.  I didn't expect to get the results that I did so I continue to use them to this day.

Hope you get the results you're looking for between the SSC and the GA.  Please keep us posted on how everything turns out.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal ...good to hear you like the C pads.  I thought I saw a post from you about you liking them.

It's been a long time since I've used SSC, so I'm happy to hear they work for you.  I hope they help me too.

Evine has a special on the duo for $35, 60 pads in each.  I did get free shipping because I ordered the C cleanser too.  But shipping was only 2.99...a nice change. 

I will report back...thanks for your input.