Trusted Contributor

Re: DO BLONDES HAVE MORE FUN?

[ Edited ]

@Mombo1 LOL!  Yeah I'm looking skunkish for sure!  Think I'll call it the new "Silver Ombre" trend in beauty.  

P.S.,

Or maybe I should call it the "Eilish for Seniors" look?

5e40b4aedf2f662c42129883.jpeg

Respected Contributor

In the grocery store yesterday, I saw 2 women with at least 2 inches of the wrong color roots.  But a box of clairol people!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

My grey hair growth is VERY RESISTANT to at-home box color.  I've tried many products over the years to color it myself and it either doesn't cover it at all, or it slightly tints it and washes out with a shampoo or two.

I have a crayon type root pen but it does make the hair tacky.  It's not something I would want to put on everyday.

Looks like Spring 2020 hats will be in!!!Woman Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I have more fun no matter what color my hair is!

And the last thing I want to do is offend anyone--regardless of their hair color.

Pandemic or not.

Not nice, not something a true beauty would do.....

Respected Contributor

I am  grateful that my natural color is blonde and it's going silver grey, so roots don't look that much different.  But if my roots showing was the worst thing I had to worry about, I would be counting my blessings!!!  There was a protest in my state capital a couple of days ago, with people demanding the state be "opened", and one woman showed her gray roots to the tv camera and complained bitterly because she could not go to the salon.  And for this, woman, you want to RISK MY LIFE OR ANYONE ELSE'S? 

SHAME!!!

Valued Contributor

My mother has the the prettiest silver hair. It's a soft silky platinum. Just beautiful. My grey hair, however, is more like barbed wire sticking straight out of the top of my head. I dont color regularly. Mostly just for special occasions. Sometimes I get it done at the salon and sometimes I do it myself at home using Preference By L'Oreal. Either way works well. The very instant salons open in Louisiana I will be treating myself to a good color and a new style!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My blonde hair lasted about 27 years - had a great time during those years!

I made up my mind prior to my last birthday that I was going to stop coloring my hair, so I had it all cut off into a pixie.

The pixie has grown out to a sort of shaggy do - and I'm liking it.  A bit of gel after the shampoo - some scrunching and lifting and spraying ... looks really good.

I'm naturally medium brown - and it has a really nice gray/white streak across the front - scattered grays and white throughout.  Just love the streak!

It makes me happy to look in the mirror!

Respected Contributor

The original.....

blondes have more fun | Vintage hairstyles, Beauty ad, Vintage ...

Honored Contributor

You and me both @annie315.  I will never color my hair again.  Now if I could just have it cut and styled professionally I'd be happy.  Meanwhile, I am (finally) learning to use a flat iron.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, we do! 😁

I keep a tube of Redken Chromatics and some Sally's 20 developer on hand. I've seen my hairdresser mix it many times. 

Ebay is my best friend for under $20.