Super Contributor

I have real problems finding hand lotion that doesn't cause my hands to burn and turn red or make them greasy, so I decided to experiment. I had reached the no-pump zone on my small bottle of Lav WEN body lotion, so I added some Lav RTM and Lav treatment oil to make it a thinner consistency. So far, makes a great light hand lotion.

Respected Contributor

Great, I just did a post on how much I love the body lotion/oil mix on my neck area...

Love this body lotion...Thanks for the extra tip!!

Super Contributor
I've added extra oil to my small bottle of Pom lotion but never added the RTM to it he.
Esteemed Contributor

okie, lotion burns your hands? That's awful! I'm glad you found something that works for you.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Honny, a lot of lotions bother me - the chemical fragrances, even the "unscented" are scented to cover up the scents of the ingredients. Also I'm highly allergic to lanolin and sensitive to soy. I'm sure there are some hand lotions out there I can use, but I'm tired of buying a tube and having to throw it away. I can use WEN, but the BL is thick and hard to get out of a bottle without a pump. I wanted something to carry in my purse, so that's why I thought of thinning it with the RTM and adding oil for added moisture. Bought a cheap travel bottle to put it in - now have hand lotion in my purse. Would like to have a pretty container, but this works for now.

Trusted Contributor
Thank you for posting this! My teenaged son has the same problem--most lotions burn and turn his hands red, and his hands crack in the winter so he needs lotion. I really don't know what the specific sensitivity or allergy is for him, lotions are the only products that bother him. The only lotion he has been able to tolerate so far is Mary Kay Satin Hands Cream. I will defintitely try this recipe for him Smiley Happy
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor
Josie's hand cream is the bomb. I'm hoarding the wen for my hair ;-)
Respected Contributor
On 1/22/2015 XxMoniquexx said: Josie's hand cream is the bomb. I'm hoarding the wen for my hair ;-)
I'm glad to hear you say this. I just ordered my first tube of Josie's hand cream. I can't wait to try it. I like her body butters, too.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!