Respected Contributor

Re: DIVINE DRIP

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous195334 wrote:

Josie is always saying that her milk is a "preserum", so she says to always use it first.

I believe the divine drip is just straight up honey and argan oil whipped together, just like her body butter is only whipped argan oil.

The sleeping nectar has other ingredients added to it just like the face butter has other ingredients added to it.

Unfortunately, that's inaccurate. The body butter is not "only" whipped argan oil. It contains pure argan oil and other ingredients. The way Josie says it is misleading and I really wish she'd stop.

Oil, no matter how much you whip it up, will not maintain that consistency on the shelf without other ingredients to stabilize it. Think about whipping egg whites into stiff peaks for a meringue and what happens to them if they sit too long without being set by heat. They just revert to their original form. Without other ingredients, that whipped body butter would just become a tub of oil.

Here are the ingredients of the unscented body butter with the argan oil bolded:

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate-60, Ethylhexylglycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Squalane, Sclerotium Gum, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Beta Carotene, Helianthus Annuus (Hybrid Sunflower) Oil, Tocopherol, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Matcha Tea Extract, Camellia Sinensis

Frequent Contributor

Re: DIVINE DRIP

[ Edited ]

I understand that, I guess I should have been more clearer.

The body butter is only being advertised as whipped argan oil. Yes, there are other ingredients added to create/stabilize the product. She does not advertise that additional ingredients are added SPECIFICALLY for anti aging/firming/etc purposes.

The body butter is supposed to be just whipped argan oil(in addition to the ingredients needed to stabilize product)

But the face butter is supposed to have extra ingredients like watermelon something that helps with firmness,etc,

That is why it is specifically formulated for the face. 

Like the divine drip for body is just advertised as whipped argan oil and honey but I remember she said the sleeping nectar for face and neck has more added to it.

These aren't just "lighter" versions of their body counterparts to use on your face.

That was my point.