Valued Contributor

Re: DISCOVERING BARE MINERALS......AGAIN

@Mistic

Hi thats why I couldn't use the Bare Minerals too the itching form the Biz-Oxy . I switched to ALima Pure , it only contains 4 ingredients and it great 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@Mistic

Hi thats why I couldn't use the Bare Minerals too the itching form the Biz-Oxy . I switched to ALima Pure , it only contains 4 ingredients and it great 

Exactly the same for me.  Hated the biz-oxy itch and shine.  I, too, switched to Alima Pure for foundation. (I was "medium" in BM; Neutral #3 in Alima.)

And don't you love how they classify the base colors?  A full range in each category: cool, neutral, beige, warm, and olive.   No phony claims about "this is the most popular so you can't go wrong."  

Although I am faithful to loose Bare Minerals "sailor" for eyeliner.  It makes a lovely, soft yet dark enough rim.  And I like the "warmth" shade for contouring.

And for Christmas I gifted myself the fancy container of "Deluxe Mineral Veil."  It's not even open yet since I have other MV jars yet to use.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach

Yes the color range is fantastic . I was unsure my shades so I actually did the contact an artist and within 2 days she emailed me back with 5 different recommendations . I thought I would be a neutral 3 but actually warm 3 is perfect . Love that shippoing is free to no minimum amount . Yes I love when they always say this shade is so forgiving or this will match most .Have a great weekend ! 

Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

@Shanus~

Oh how I loved Bare Minerals when I first tried it.  I used Medium Beige, and the shade match was spot on.  Loved the shadows, and the blush, etc.  When summer came, and everytime I would go out in the heat?  Itching all over my face like crazy.  Took me a few to figure out that it was the Biz~Oxy that is in some of the products.  I was so bummed!  I would go back to the powdery "mess" that it makes in a heartbeat, if that one ingredient was taken out.

How nice that you are enjoying your "new" stash.  Heart

@Mistic  Many women find they have irritation from the bismuth in the product. Sorry you had a problem.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus ~  I'm happy for you.  You find something you gave up long ago, and then just when it is ready for that "dreaded toss" into the trash...It works again!  WOOT!Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Shanus - I'm glad you found something that once worked for you works even better now! I'm late for the party when it comes to Bare Minerals. When everyone was using it I was using Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier. I didn't pay any attention; I only remember one friend saying she could "sleep in it," and visions of my mom saying never sleep in any makeup came back to me!

So about two years ago maybe I tried Complexion Rescue. I love it! It's so much lighter than my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer was. After dipping my toe in the Bare Minerals pool, I finally got the original foundation last year. I really like it! But I'm a foundation junkie and it's hard for me to stick to one brand. There are so many others I like too. I did wear it today though. I have the mineral veil and some other things, but I don't use them much. I wear Fairly Light too. I was matched at Ulta and ordered it here! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Shanus- I've actually done the very same thing within the last couple of months only with Everyday Minerals instead of Bare Minerals.

I used to love Bare Minerals, the ease of application, the light coverage. It was all I used when I was in my 30's. Then my skin started to change, I developed a lot of hyperpigmentation after my second son was born and I started to get fine lines and crinkles around my eyes when I smiled. I switched to cream and liquid foundations looking for more coverage and something that wouldn't accentuate my lines, etc.

A month or two ago I was getting sick of all these heavy products on my face and I noticed that they weren't wearing well, fading off halfway thru the day, caking up, and the crinkles were still very noticeable around my eyes when I smiled no matter that I was wearing. I found a jar of Everyday minerals foundation in my drawer so I decided to just give it a try. I was very surprised at how much I liked it. It wore well, didn't fade away halfway thru the day (it actually looked better as the day went on) and covered my discoloration as well as the heavy liquids I was using. I haven't taken the plunge yet, but I'm seriously considering using the minerals exclusively. I actually ordered a few more products from the website just recently to try. It was a custom kit where you can pick the face products you want to try. Plus they were offering free shipping and a free gift. I wanted to try some more face products, blush, finishing dust etc because I'm tired of fussing with cream blushes too. I'm just looking to lighten everything up a bit. And their prices are really good too compared to bare minerals!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Shanus - I'm glad you found something that once worked for you works even better now! I'm late for the party when it comes to Bare Minerals. When everyone was using it I was using Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier. I didn't pay any attention; I only remember one friend saying she could "sleep in it," and visions of my mom saying never sleep in any makeup came back to me!

So about two years ago maybe I tried Complexion Rescue. I love it! It's so much lighter than my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer was. After dipping my toe in the Bare Minerals pool, I finally got the original foundation last year. I really like it! But I'm a foundation junkie and it's hard for me to stick to one brand. There are so many others I like too. I did wear it today though. I have the mineral veil and some other things, but I don't use them much. I wear Fairly Light too. I was matched at Ulta and ordered it here! Smiley Wink

@beach-mom  Oh, I have different foundations & different brands, too...no loyalty here. I’ve used BB for 20 yrs...foundation stick for touch up & Tinted Moisture Balm spf. Then also have IT CC Cream for full coverage which I don’t need & hardly wear, but good to have for special occasions. The Bare Minerals powder foundation is good for a quick “out the door” application. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@Shanus- I've actually done the very same thing within the last couple of months only with Everyday Minerals instead of Bare Minerals.

I used to love Bare Minerals, the ease of application, the light coverage. It was all I used when I was in my 30's. Then my skin started to change, I developed a lot of hyperpigmentation after my second son was born and I started to get fine lines and crinkles around my eyes when I smiled. I switched to cream and liquid foundations looking for more coverage and something that wouldn't accentuate my lines, etc.

A month or two ago I was getting sick of all these heavy products on my face and I noticed that they weren't wearing well, fading off halfway thru the day, caking up, and the crinkles were still very noticeable around my eyes when I smiled no matter that I was wearing. I found a jar of Everyday minerals foundation in my drawer so I decided to just give it a try. I was very surprised at how much I liked it. It wore well, didn't fade away halfway thru the day (it actually looked better as the day went on) and covered my discoloration as well as the heavy liquids I was using. I haven't taken the plunge yet, but I'm seriously considering using the minerals exclusively. I actually ordered a few more products from the website just recently to try. It was a custom kit where you can pick the face products you want to try. Plus they were offering free shipping and a free gift. I wanted to try some more face products, blush, finishing dust etc because I'm tired of fussing with cream blushes too. I'm just looking to lighten everything up a bit. And their prices are really good too compared to bare minerals!

@rnmom  Not sure of your age, but I still use my cream blushes over the BE foundation so my face doesn’t get a too powdered finish. You may want to try that before ordering. A lighter cream blush technique I’ve used lately is to tap my lipstick on my cheeks and blend lightly. 

Valued Contributor

I have never given up BE either.  I do have a ton of the eyeshadows that I don't really care for but got on the collecting bandwagon.  I am going to be 63 and I have not had any problems using BE or having it look bad.  I have tried other foundations, CC creams and the like but always go back to BE. I will probably use it until I decide it looks horrible or I don't want to wear make up anymore.